Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

Breast Cancer

A recent study conducted by scientists with the Air Resource Board has resulted in conclusive evidence that women exposed to second hand smoke have up to a 90% greater risk of developing breast cancer. This is not the first time that second hand smoke has been linked to breast cancer. Nor is this the first incident regarding the dangers of second hand smoke. But again this study points out the fact that those who do not, or no longer smoke do need some consideration from those who do.

A recent study conducted by scientists with the Air Resource Board has resulted in conclusive evidence that women exposed to second hand smoke have up to a 90% greater risk of developing breast cancer.  This is not the first time that second hand smoke has been linked to breast cancer.  Nor is this the first incident regarding the dangers of second hand smoke. But again this study points out the fact that those who do not, or no longer smoke do need some consideration from those who do.

308751[/snapback]

Thanks for the info! 90% :yahoo: That's reall y scary.

I loathe and detest smokers.

A filthy habit and selfish people.

It's not enough that they wish to damage their own health, but they feel the need to blow their smoke into other people's faces.

:yahoo:

I DETEST this insulting of all smokers. some of us, alot of us, are actually quite nice about not smoking around non-smokers. However, it is a scary thing Gotabite posted. I did read somewhere, though, that the air inside your home is actually more toxic than second hand smoke or the air outside.

Actually, I dont think he needs to calm down. He expressed his opinion and there may be a good reason why he feels that way.

Just as Phaserman is able to express his opinion, so should King.

So please Spocksteller, take a chill pill and calm down.

My Mother had breast cancer.

My Dad smoked for years.

I used to sit next to him at the dinner table and quietly ask

"Daddy, when are you going to quit smoking? I don't want you to die."

Well he quit smoking when I was about 9. He lived the rest of his life as a very active and health minded individual.

If he were alive today, I know he would feel horrible at the thought that his smoking may have caused my Mom cancer. :yahoo:

Of course, he began smoking when it was "the thing" to do. It once was socially acceptable.

30 years after he quit smoking, his autopsy still showed the affects of his bad habit.

My Dad was a wonderful person, he just was addicted to cigarettes. It is a legal drug.

Getting off topic there, but I guess I'm reacting to everyone else's posts.

:dude:

Edited by Madame Butterfly

A recent study conducted by scientists with the Air Resource Board has resulted in conclusive evidence that women exposed to second hand smoke have up to a 90% greater risk of developing breast cancer.  This is not the first time that second hand smoke has been linked to breast cancer.  Nor is this the first incident regarding the dangers of second hand smoke. But again this study points out the fact that those who do not, or no longer smoke do need some consideration from those who do.

308751[/snapback]

I am a non-smoker, who unfortunately has lived with a smoker all my life. My father is a heavy smoker, and refuses to quit.. even if the rest of the family is suffering. I have an allergic asthmatic reaction(diagnosed when I was 11) to the smoke.. does he quit for the sake of his daughter??? NO. All of the rest of the family have been sick and the Dr's say that we should avoid the smoke... does he put the cigarette out?? NO. Recently both my mother and I have had the flu and severe bronchitis(my mom, borderline pneumonia).. did he abide by our wishes and smoke outside? NO. He will not even quit for his OWN sake...

I know some people feel the need to have the habit, but I will never understand as to why.

These stats, you posted are quite scary. I know someone who has survived breast cancer.. and she was a smoker as well.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

My Dad was a wonderful person, he just was addicted to cigarettes. It is a legal drug.

Getting off topic there, but I guess I'm reacting to everyone else's posts.

:P

308951[/snapback]

My dad smoked cigars and a pipe, and he was also a wonderful, giving person, who impacted thhe lives of those around in a positive way all his life, even as a young man.

Gotabite's warning will cause me to be doubly dilligent about my own health, but it will never cause me to think any less of a man who would never be heard disparaging a whole class of people.