Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Exterminators in the 22nd Century

Remember the scene where Trip and Travis were camping and a bug got in Trip's sleeping bag. He wanted to smash it and Travis asked if it was okay to kill alien bugs. Trips response was priceless.

But I've always wondered as ST developed into TNG where insects fell in the respect for life chain. You never see roaches on a Starship but you got to figure some pest would come aboard with cargo unless some prevention was used.

So what do you think of the fate of insects in the ST future?

Remember the scene where Trip and Travis were camping and a bug got in Trip's sleeping bag.  He wanted to smash it and Travis asked if it was okay to kill alien bugs.  Trips response was priceless.

But I've always wondered as ST developed into TNG where insects fell in the respect for life chain.  You never see roaches on a Starship but you got to figure some pest would come aboard with cargo unless some prevention was used.

I think they're treated with a bit of respect. Perhaps they are captured and sent to a bug-lab till till they can be dropped off somewhere?

Or collected to become food for Phlox and his creatures. lol

I don’t know about the time of ENT, seems during ENT time bugs would still be considered pests, Humans do not yet understand the possibility of them evolving into sentient beings. (?)

Remember the scene where Trip and Travis were camping and a bug got in Trip's sleeping bag.  He wanted to smash it and Travis asked if it was okay to kill alien bugs.  Trips response was priceless.

But I've always wondered as ST developed into TNG where insects fell in the respect for life chain.  You never see roaches on a Starship but you got to figure some pest would come aboard with cargo unless some prevention was used.

I don't think there are that many bugs in space, ENT never lands on planets, and there shouldn't be that many bugs on the few spacestations they dock with. Most of the cargo are also transported to the ship (in TNG, at least) and the biofilters probably would filter away the bugs.

Or collected to become food for Phlox and his creatures. lol

Ha Ha Ha. Verry funny!!!

I don’t know about the time of ENT, seems during ENT time bugs would still be considered pests, Humans do not yet understand the possibility of them evolving into sentient beings. (?)

A roach, is a roach, is a roach. I say squash it, regardless of the Prime Directive!

A roach, is a roach, is a roach. I say squash it, regardless of the Prime Directive!

Yeah, and then their evolved cousin species comes and squashes you back! :laugh:

Yeah, and then their evolved cousin species comes and squashes you back! ;)

lol. ya. isnt that the lesson men in black tried to teach us? :laugh:

Yeah, and then their evolved cousin species comes and squashes you back! ;)

lol. ya. isnt that the lesson men in black tried to teach us? :laugh:

Not in the first one! Those were some bad bugs but in the second...

Click for Spoiler:

K was going to step on a roach but decided not to, in response the roach stopped, looked up at K and said in a British accent (not that that matters ;) ) " Thank you, that's awfully decent of you."

Ha haha, I loved that part!