Sign in to follow this  
Yillara Skye

Soong Family Thread Part II

This is similar to the thread we had started nearly three months ago. This thread was originally posted on by the Soong Sisters(Lessa, Takara, dsbs and I) and Data. But really, everyone who is a fan of Data or any Soong family member is more than welcome to post here... Pictures, story bits, general talk(like that one promotion thread is more than welcome).....

Come on everyone do not be afraid we do not bite.. we do, on the otherhand tend to get a little silly(like the promotion thread)...

Family note... I am about to reach 3000 posts!!!!!!! Yay!

Also my arm still is hurting pretty bad, the doctor had me stop using heat and go back to ice. I may have to have more x-rays done, sice my arm reacts really bad to heat, throbs pretty bad when I ice it, and the Celebrex is helping only a small bit against the inflammation(i think) But, I am still losing sleep over it... usually I sleep pretty heavily, and do not wake up until the morning, but I have had broken sleep sice the injury (Can you say there is probably a serious problem? I figured you could.)

:bow: How many are there, as far as Soone Sisters, on here? Are there any Males in your family? If so, how many of them are on this board? :lol:

:lol: How many are there, as far as Soone Sisters, on here? Are there any Males in your family? If so, how many of them are on this board? :rolleyes:

Lessa, Yillara and DSBS and I got group as "Soong Sisters" when we were at st.com at the same time. We all moved over here not long after. We're all Data fans who have Soong in their screen name (one of DSBS' "s" stands for Soong) but we enjoy conversing with anyone regarding Trek, TNG and Data and his family.

I found this site a little while ago, and its pretty cool.  It has quotes (which you can play) and pictures of all the characters and all the star trek series. 

This site has a bunch of quotes that Data said

data quotes

and these are some pictures:

Data Pictures

I agree it's a great site. I got most of the sound bites for my computer from that site. So cool!

I got most of the sound bites for my computer from that site.

Oh, me too. Everytime I start Windows, Data says "Greetings." Then I have various sounds for different functions. Lots of different computer beeps and such. Warp core breach warning noises when I do something wrong. Also, computer reprimands when I do other things wrong. (I do things wrong a lot just to hear the noises.) Comm badge clicks, door chimes, doors wooshing, and Tuvok says "Live long and prosper," when I shut down. I love my computer. ^-^;;

What did you do to your arm, Yillara? Sounds bad.

I have Data saying "Honey, I'm home!" to start. "YOu are right sir, I do tend to babble," for close. "Oh, S*hit" if i forget to save when exiting or if there is a problem and "acknowledge the signal" if you have to make a choice on something. My husbacd had "Auto distruct squence, activated" for doing something wrong on his. It gives you pause! :rolleyes:

I have Data saying "Honey, I'm home!" to start. "YOu are right sir, I do tend to babble," for close. "Oh, S*hit" if i forget to save when exiting or if there is a problem and "acknowledge the signal" if you have to make a choice on something. My husbacd had "Auto distruct squence, activated" for doing something wrong on his. It gives you pause!  :rolleyes:

LOL!!!

OK wrist update... I got to see my normal doctor yesterday morning. I called on Friday and they told me just to go back to ice...fine so I did that. WEll, yesterday morning I ended up curled in a ball on my bed hysterically crying because my wrist hurt so bad! Well as the pain subsided that is when I called the doctor, my normal doctor was in and once I briefed him on the events and my current situation, he told me to immediately come back in for a recheck.

Remember that the first doc put me on Celebrex as an anti-inflammatory, and it was diagnosed as a strain and should be treated as such(ice for 3 days and switch to heat). Well as I told Takara and Lessa, my wrist reacted very badly to the heat(And hurt when I tried to take a shower)...

My doctor, rediagnosed my so called train as a "crus injury" which means all of the muscles ligaments and tendons are still intact(as far as he can tell), but they are all crushed togethter, and do not work seperately as they are supposed to. He said that the inflammation was still pretty severe, and the swelling is still pretty bad. So, I am on predozone(a stronger anti-inflammatory until Tuesday, and a pain killer(mild narcotic...so far no odd effects, but gratefully I got some sleep from 11pm-5am....except until the effects wore off around 5am, that is why I am here now), that and I have to ice mty wrist a lot more and keep my wrist elevated.

I called my boss with the news, and he asked me what I wanted to d....so except for writing(one handed, like my posts for the last week) up paperwork... I am off of work until Monday the 16th(unless my doctor says I need an MRI, or says I need more time to heal)

I havent posted on this thread in a few days...heck, havent posted much of anywhere lately, due to my ongoing problem with my arm, nope not wrist now, it is counted as an injury that affects my arm from just above the elbow down...

For those who have, and may ask about my screen name change...Figured it was time for something new, I am still a Soong, but Skye is my character, Yillara's last name.

I was surfing for lyrics for songs...from various anime's since I love the original formats of the songs(no subbing, no dubbing...just purely Japanese)...and came across one of my favorite songs from the English soundtrack/translation of Pokemon...I have loved this song for a long time, and with the state of affairs in the world today, I figured I would share. Since it is the full song lyrics, it is in the spoiler below..

Click for Spoiler:

Pokemon the First Movie

soundtrack lyrics

Blessid Union of Souls - Brother My Brother

Brother my brother

Tell me what are fighting for

We've got to end this war

We should love one another

Oh, can't we just pretend

This war never began

We can try

Brother my brother

We face each other from different sides

The anger burns can't remember why

It's kindof crazy to cause so much pain

Our foolish pride makes us hate this way

We watch our world fall apart

Tell me what good is winning

When you lose your heart

Brother my brother

Isn't life worth so much more

This war never began

Tell me why

Brother my brother

Yes

We can try

Brother my brother

Yes

Let's take a moment and look deep inside

And say we'll learn to give love a try

When matters differ as we seem to be

There's so much more to me than what you see

You don't have to be this way

Think about the consequences

Turn around and walk away

Brother my brother

This war never began

Tell me why

Brother my brother

Brother my brother

This war never began

Tell me why

Brother my brother

I was surfing for lyrics for songs...from various anime's since I love the original formats of the songs(no subbing, no dubbing...just purely Japanese)...and came across one of my favorite songs from the English soundtrack/translation of Pokemon...I have loved this song for a long time, and with the state of affairs in the world today, I figured I would share. Since it is the full song lyrics, it is in the spoiler below..

Mmm, I actually have that CD! The first movie was the best one. I got the soundtrack and was disappointed that there were only really four songs from the movie on it. If you don't count that weird short, only two. Most of it's really not my kind of music. But I do like that "Brother, My Brother" song. 'Specially in the movie. It's so sad!

Oh, and if anyone wants to get to Target, they've marked down prices for their Nemesis action figures! I got a Data action figure for $2.99! Bargain! I knew good things came to those who wait. Anyway, here's the strange thing. On the box, it says Lieutenant Commander Data, but on his collar, he has the rank of a full commander. Hmmm... mystery...