Sign in to follow this  
HRH The KING

Discussion about Enterprise

Click For Spoiler
I reject anyone that says they can project trends "trends" of 300+ Million people based on the activities of 5,000.

OK then. But then I'd have to reject anyone who claims that a TV show failed because of viewers not being counted as opposed to the alternative argument that the show just wasn't very good.

2-3 Million on night 1. How many watch on night 2?

They may want to gain the ratings figures for the first broadcast only to see how highly rated the show is upon its initial broadcast, because that first timeslot could be more important to UPN because of the target audience that they are aiming for who may be watching at that point in the broadcast day as opposed to a different day and time, but you'd have to ask UPN's scheduling department, assuming they give you a reply.

I didn't say it should or would account for downloads or VCR's did I?

Well, call that a "Preemptive Reply" then.

Nielson has already admitted that their ratings figures were inaccurate and flawed from November 04 to February 05 and that those figures should NOT be used.

Which affected cable digital viewers only and did not concern ratings themselves, but simply some other information. There's another thread which contains that post and the one that explained it.

Gallup and Zogby are not politically biased. The polls were just wrong.

Well, even if they were, political opinions are different to ENT's viewing figures.

Many "online polls" were cited by Brazaelians to indicate how popular ENT alledgedly was.

By your own comments you didn't watch 3 seasons.

OK, "two seasons plus most of season three".

It was still enough.

There were the same problems with Voyager after 2 seasons of that series. I stopped watching it after the end of season 2 as "un-watchable". They didn't really hit their stride until the middle of the third season and then in season 4 it began to get it's feet under it and really go.

If I had been a little more patient back then I would have continued watching it in first run. As it is I began watching again after the series had ended and it's now that I see my mistake.

Personally, although VOY did improve slightly, it still wasn't very good and if they cancelled that show when you stopped watching it, I wouldn't have complained.

Did you ever asked anyone here at STF or anywhere in the US to send you any? It's not that it's impossible, you just don't want them.

Maybe I also don't want to give my address to people I don't know, over the Internet?

Besides, if I'm as hated by the people on this site as your other Moderators claim, then who would be willing to pay the money to send me a few tapes?

No, it isn't. I know from experience with Voyager.

Like I said, VOY was a poor show anyway.

Only moderately better than ENT.

Then I must have misunderstood you. I was under the opinion that you stopped watching Enterprise and because of that you have missed a number of Episodes.

That's partially true. I actually stopped watching the show because I thought it was terrible and it was a chore to watch it.

So should I now be under the impression that you've watched every single episode of Enterprise that has ever been aired in the UK? That's the only way your opinion can be based on "complete and total" information.

Not really. If you put your hand in a fire and got hurt, would you put your hand back in the fire to see how hot and painful it can get?

My opinion was complete and total based on the episodes I watched.

So, yes you misunderstood.

It shows the level of interest that they are even reporting it at all

Yeah, because Trek was a very successful franchise which has fallen into decline. It's hard to ignore such a fall from grace. When Leeds United FC fell into massive debts and were relegated from the Premiership, it was widely reported, but none of the news companies advocated donating to the club.

If you want to make some kind of comparison you have to use a logical comparison. There's billions of people with internet access but only a small fraction even know "our little corner" of the internet exists.

Maybe many people know about your site, but only a relatively small group want to join your site?

The comparison that I made is one that the networks themselves use. 1 Letter equals 10,000 viewers. That's their equation, not mine.

Yeah, you applied it in an example that wasn't valid.

I can prove you aren't. It's called the "Silent Majority", you are anything but silent.

:biggrin: The last five words of that sentence are certainly true.

But I can assure you, there are people who share my opinions but are silent for understandable reasons.

If you think you are part of a "majority" you can show me the numbers and I'll decide if I believe them or not.

Well, to do that, I'd have to use ratings figures, movie attendence figures, merchandise sales, etc. All of which support the idea that many Trek fans are disillusioned with the state of the franchise and only a small hardcore group remains that watch ENT and so forth, but any figures I post wouldn't be believed, so why bother?

I would post figures if you came up with conclusive proof that more people watched ENT but weren't counted.

Regardless of our back and forth I know I'm right and you're going to continue to think you're right.

Not quite. You "know" you're right, but I "know" I'm right too.

if you wish to open a new thread about Enterprise, it's ratings and your viewing habits I invite you to do so.

There already is one.

This thread, however is now being returned to the topic that it was intended to discuss which is the Klingons head ridges and the way Enterprise explained the reason for the difference in appearance from TOS Klingons and other Klingons.

Fair enough.

Edited by The King

Yhea the klingons! O look at my ridgeless head.......o look I have ridges!

that and you and VBG turing this into a why ent is a good/ bad show. The topic was about kahless not having ridges not about how 1 letter=1,000 people!

Here is where it comes in.

Is not. Is to. Is not! Is to! Is not times ten. Is to times 100. Is not times 1,000,000. Is to times 1,000,000,000. Is not time 1,000,000,000,000. Is to times infinity. Is not times infinity plus one. You can't do that... there isn't anything bigger then infinity. Is to. Is not...

That is an example of two people with ADD or two people that keep fighting over something.

Edited by Capt_Picard

See what I said came was about the Kahless head ridge thing. It was going ok about why or why not it happened. Than you came in talking about something like why should we care and we have issues because we are debating about the ridge thing. Than VBG comes in and is like do you like ENT king and than we get into the Save enterprise campagin and than letters!! AND THE TOPIC WAS ABOUT KLINGON HEAD RIDGES!! NOT LETTERS AND THE SAVE ENTERPRISE CAMPAIGN!!

Than you came in talking about something like why should we care and we have issues because we are debating about the ridge thing.

I said nothing of the sort.

I said it was an unnecessary plotline to explain a simple make-up difference.

I never said anyone had "issues" :biggrin:

Than VBG comes in and is like do you like ENT king and than we get into the Save enterprise campagin and than letters!! AND THE TOPIC WAS ABOUT KLINGON HEAD RIDGES!! NOT LETTERS AND THE SAVE ENTERPRISE CAMPAIGN!!

Well, now it's a discussion about Enterprise. :lol: