Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Atomic Annie

Well, that was a fact of life in the early Cold War. Give us our Fricking Nukes, Give us our Fricking Nukes, and bring them right now. the problem with Atomic Annie is that you actually had to be near a target to fire the weapon, and if the wind changed, you've got an Artillery crew with Radiation poisoning.

I'm guessing at this point in development, the US didn't really know or care about radiation poisoning. At least they were smart enough to not use it, seeing how it was developed in the 50's with the Korean War going on.

They knew about it radiation poisoning in the 50's. Safety back than wasn't important. They want to have lots of weapon that where nukes, and if it might kill the people who will use them it was unfortunately acceptable losses. People didn’t care losses about military and civilian until the Vietnam War. Fortunately their more people with leaved headed and didn't use that weapon.

Yeah, I saw a video of the test. If I had the link right now, I'd post it.

I found it very scary.

Here's a link to the video.

Atomic Annie

Some people may not be able to see it, as the site contains highly objectionable material which may be blocked out. I don't know how to tranfet the video elsewhere.