Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Norway Class

I heard somewhere that one of the classes seen in Star Trek: First Contact was lost due to a computer glitch, was it the Norway class?

I beleive so. If you search around the board you'll find a post or two mentioning it. I think Jack Bauer has mentioned it on a few occasions.

Yes, it was the Norway Class.

It was a horrible looking ship anyway  :biggrin:

306289[/snapback]

Not as bad as that anemic looking Enterprise-J....

Yeah, that's true.

The Enterprise-J's warp pylons look flimsy and weak, as though they could easily break off.

But with a few modifications, it could be acceptable. :biggrin:

Well, here's what the Norway looks like..I think it looks like a cross between the Sabre and the Steamrunner. But what I don't get is that large cutout behind the saucer section. It can clearly be seen when the diagram is overhead, between the nacelles.

post-692-1109478183.gif

Edited by MrPsychic

It looks like an iron :biggrin:

The Steamrunner is the most butt ugly of the "First Contact" vessels.

The Sabre is a superb design. It's like an update of the Miranda. I love it.

< it seems like the Akira class was the most successful of the First Contact vessels. It was seen in two series after First Contact, several times too.

Here's the trivia entry on the imdb:

The Norway-class starship is seen for the first (and only) time in this film; the CGI "model" of the ship was subsequently lost due to a computer glitch, and so the class never appeared again in any other Trek show or film.

I don't mind the design, very streamlined. The nacelles can't be hit head on. The large cutout section could easily have been filled with a sensor pod/torpedo launcher like on the Akira. But at the same time I think that would give the ship too much of a 'filled in look'.

If only they had shown it really open up, as I said before, it has 15 torpedo launchers, that would have been quite a sight to see, especially on the big screen for First Contact.

Enterprise-J...

futurencc1701j.jpg

I don't like it  :biggrin:. What happened to F-H?

306336[/snapback]

Well, maybe they let Troi fly the Titan, and crashed into the E...

What happened to F-H?

306336[/snapback]

The same as every ship that bore the name Enterprise, proudly and admirably served Starfleet until either being decomissioned or lost in the line of duty.

More the secon one :biggrin: Which makes the Enterprise an even cooler ship.

You think Picard still captains the J? :wink2: Like Picard's brain in a robot body :lol:

More the secon one :elephant: Which makes the Enterprise an even cooler ship.

You think Picard still captains the J? :wink2: Like Picard's brain in a robot body :elephant:

306486[/snapback]

I kind of got the vison of that scene of the Simspons epsiode where Burns loses his teddy bear, then gets it back. Then at the very end of the episode it goes forward in time, and shows Burns finding the bear again, and his head is alive in a glass case on the top. That's what I thought of.