Sign in to follow this  

I'm as huge of an Evil Dead/Bruce Campbell fan as the next horror fan, that's what got me to buy and watch this movie, Bruce Campbell. He's the man. Anyway, I thought by the end of the film, it was very good. Who would have thought that a movie about Elvis fighting an ancient mummy in a retirement home would actually be a good film premise? I don't think anyone who watches this movie really thinks so until it's over and you realize "Hey, this wasn't half bad." Leave it to old Bruce to take a dumb idea and make it original and brilliant in an artistic way.

Overall I say the movie is worth seeing, but you will have your fill of the "crank shaft" jokes by the end of the film. Believe me; they go into more detail about the King's stick problems than I want to know.

Ossie Davis actually pulls of a great JFK and actually doesn't look that stupid while he's telling the story of how his skin was dyed and brain removed for national security. It takes a skilled actor to say a line like that and be convincing. And that he was. R.I.P.

The movie, as with any BC movie, has a lot of humor, some of which is hysterical. I love how Bubba kills the people by sucking their souls out of their rear holes. lol.

"I'm not going to wait and let him wrap his lips around my a**hole."

Overall, I'd say that Bubba Ho-Tep was kind of iffy at the beginning but really does come of a winner in the end. Like all independent films, this film has you blushing more than once at what is spoken, but if you can get past the wiener jokes you will find a gold mine movie experience you will never forget. Worth watching, really worth getting if you are a BC/OD fan.

****1/2 out of *****

I Bought This Movie A Few Months Ago. Big Bruce Campbell Fan Too. I Loved It.

"The Dyed Me This Color! Can You Think Of A Better Way To Hide The Truth?"

Loved The Music Too.