Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Is there anyone of the same opinion as me?

NO to the original question. I generally do not enjoy prequels. Although I do enjoy watching ENT, I'd prefer watchin ST in this order (excluding TAS):

TOS

TNG

DS9

VOY

ENT

I wonder if there ever would be TKS or TRS? They are short for The Klingon Series and The Romulan Series repectively. There's a book series based entirely on a Klingon ship and I won't mind watching one.

I have only seen the first couple seasons of Enterprise before my satillite provider was changed and now I don't get the UPN. But from what I've seen I like the show and like most here its not my favorite series but it isn't to bad. When the DVD boxsets start coming out this May I'm gonna buy them. Each series has its own unique plots and subplots and I enjoy all of the series'.

Jessica

NO to the original question. I generally do not enjoy prequels. Although I do enjoy watching ENT, I'd prefer watchin ST in this order (excluding TAS):

TOS

TNG

DS9

VOY

ENT

I wonder if there ever would be TKS or TRS? They are short for The Klingon Series and The Romulan Series repectively. There's a book series based entirely on a Klingon ship and I won't mind watching one.

313804[/snapback]

You don't like prequuels yet want to see a show on the Klingon or Romulan wars? lol, last I checked at least one of those, Klingon, would be a prequel to one of the other series you listed. :)

Amusing to see some bash Enterprise becasue they don't like prequel's, don't like the theme song, or don't like the actions of a single character (T'Pol) so want the entire series cancelled.

Self-centered much?

TOS

TNG

DS9

VOY

ENT

313804[/snapback]

You don't like prequuels yet want to see a show on the Klingon or Romulan wars? lol, last I checked at least one of those, Klingon, would be a prequel to one of the other series you listed. :P

Amusing to see some bash Enterprise becasue they don't like prequel's, don't like the theme song, or don't like the actions of a single character (T'Pol) so want the entire series cancelled.

Self-centered much?

314083[/snapback]

I never said I wanted a Klingon or Romulan war. I just thought mebbe a show based on an entire Klingon adventure.... or a Romulan adventure. Currently, its all about the human adventure. What better way to learn about your adversariess than to watch them on tv.... since I'm Klingon myself :P I could learn a whole lot of new Romulan tactics just by watching them.

I'm not bashing ENT. In fact, I do try my best to watch it whenever its on just because its Star Trek. Even my wife thinks I'm nuts because I'd stay up at 2 am to watch it ... or even drive to my dad's house every other weekend before I had my satelite dish. Mebbe I'll rephrase meself..... I enjoy watching ENT although I'd prefer something post-Nemesis.... and most off all, I don't want ENT cancalled.

I guess that's about it.

I think criticizing ENT for the design (sets/costumes,etc) not looking like it pre-dated TOS is pretty silly, given the fact that a lot of the same can be said of the TNG-era series today, the designs don't look like anything that you couldn't find in the real world today.

The thing is, those aspects are pretty secondary to the overall plot arc and history of the universe. The problem I have with ENT is that they had a chance to fill in the story of the birth of the federation, and completely missed out on the chance. Instead they spent episode upon episode tearing apart the already established history of the universe through endless spatial rifts and temporal anomalies. It really showed me that the writers/producers have no idea anymore on how to make a show evolve and become part of a larger story. I was really looking forward before ENT started to learn how humans (as the new kids on the block) were able to bring together so many different races that had not gotten along for hundreds of years before humans even thought that life on other planets could exist.

That was the real story that could have been told, and other than a couple episodes each season, it was never focused on. I think that is the big reason why the series failed, and that is why I think enterprise (and its current producers) must die, so the franchise can live. I still look forward to future trek series, even if they need to take a break for a few years to get some fresh blood in, and some ideas that actually work with the original intent of the universe.