Sign in to follow this  
voyagerboy

Will Voyager Have A Movie?

This really had nothing to do with the “news”. This topic would be more appropriate on the movie board.

{Topic Moved}

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

At it's time, The Next Generation was a great television programme with a cult following. Much like The X-Files in it's hey day. So therefore it was logical that movies would follow those series. Voyager was sort of a little brother that didnt really achieve this status and fed off the previous success of TNG. I therefore think it has neither the status nor the popularity to spawn a film amongst the general populace. And THAT is what counts when it comes to making movies. Asking if Voyager will have a movie is like asking if Charmed or some other show will get a movie. I know WE would like to see it. But that is not enough.

At it's time, The Next Generation was a great television programme with a cult following. Much like The X-Files in it's hey day. So therefore it was logical that movies would follow those series. Voyager was sort of a little brother that didnt really achieve this status and fed off the previous success of TNG. I therefore think it has neither the status nor the popularity to spawn a film amongst the general populace. And THAT is what counts when it comes to making movies. Asking if Voyager will have a movie is like asking if Charmed or some other show will get a movie. I know WE would like to see it. But that is not enough.

I..uh...like Charmed... :lol: You're right tho..Voyager did run its course and us hoping for a flic won't do...BUT and I think we've agreed before that the idea of a mixed cast movie would work if written properly...all I need is a send of from Picard and I'll be happy.

I have read many posts [on VOY forum threads] from members saying there are loose ends to tie up but I don’t see em. Voy returned home so all that is left is to tell what happened after. I think the authors have become convinced VOY is not going to see any more screen time anywhere and that is why the new novels exploring what [might have] happened after VOY return are coming out. As long as nothing new is put on film there will be nothing to dispute the facts being established in these stories therefore considering them semi-canon would not be beyond reality.

I have read many posts [on VOY forum threads] from members saying there are loose ends to tie up but I don’t see em. Voy returned home so all that is left is to tell what happened after. I think the authors have become convinced VOY is not going to see any more screen time anywhere and that is why the new novels exploring what [might have] happened after VOY return are coming out. As long as nothing new is put on film there will be nothing to dispute the facts being established in these stories therefore considering them semi-canon would not be beyond reality.

Well, as I see it, the only big unanswerred question is what happens to Seven upon return to Earth, but we don't need a movie to figure that out. :lol: With that said, if they "do" make a VOY movie, it would have to be in the style of ST:TMP where Admiral Janeway rallies her old senior officers, and takes Voyager or a new ship on a vital mission. Sure, that'd be like TMP, but that's really the only similarrity that I'd see happening. It's really just a matter of if the producers "want" to use the cast. Since they didn't plan on doing a movie, they decided to bring the series full circle by the finale. However, they have said they don't "plan" on doing a DS9 or VOY movie and would "prefer" to make a mixed cast movie, but that nothing was impossible. :bow::bow:

I'd like it if they had a movie...maybe just one, and that would just be a follow up on what happens after the finale. You know, relationship wise (ie Chacotay and 7 break it off...and you know the rest of that story :o) and what happens to 7....do harry and libby get back together? Tuvok re-united with his family, etc. I dunno, I'd really like it though. Can't have too much star trek! (especialy VOY!)

Stardate:213449.9

I aslo dont think Voyager had the popularity for a big screen movie.But a tv movie is a really good idea :o I can see that happening

Well, I don't know...

Click for Spoiler:

We know that now Janeway is an admiral, so it would be strange to make a movie before Nemesis and after the season finale....

I also agree that it never had the TNG popularity...

I am not giving up hope, I just know that there will be a Voyager movie.