Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Like Space History?

Are you interested in manned spaceflight history? I love it myself. When I was in college I wrote a research paper on the Apollo program and a couple of the books I read as research are listed below. I've read both probably 5 times each and am in the process of reading one of them again.

The first one I would suggest you read is A Man On The Moon

aman.JPG

This is a great book, covers every aspect of the Aopollo program and also many of the earlier programs as well. This is the book that was used as the base for the HBO mini-series From "The Earth To The Moon". By the time the Mini-Series came out I had already read the book several times over.

After reading that book I suggest reading Chariots For Apollo, this is a great book about the making of the Lunar Module. It's a great and widley unknown story.

chariots.JPG

These are awesome real life space stories, I promise you won't be sorry for reading them if you do check them out. If nothing else at least watch the HBO mini-series From The Earth To The Moon.

earthtomoon.gif

To discuss these books visit the Science & Technology Forum Here

Thanks for the tip VBG, I have always been interested in spaceflight history.. I'm definitely checking those books out!

Thanks VBG. I've followed NASA since the Mercury and maybe even before. If the astronaut program hadn't been such a military test pilot boys' club, you'd probably would have seen me as one of the shuttle astronauts. I still have the dream of one day flying in that "Final Frontier".

Thanks VBG.  I've followed NASA since the Mercury and maybe even before.  If the astronaut program hadn't been such a military test pilot boys' club, you'd probably would have seen me as one of the shuttle astronauts.  I still have the dream of one day flying in that "Final Frontier".

I'm willing to bet that you'd love the book A Man On The moon. It picks up in 1961 just before Gemini starts with the selection of the second astronaut group.