Sign in to follow this  
Tench745

Galileo 7

Hey everyone. I'm afraid TOS isn't my area of expertise, so I feel a little out of place. But anyways, I was just wondering if anyone knows the type of shuttle the Galileo 7 is. Any other information I could get on it would be great too. Thank you all for the anticipated help. :helpsmilie:

According to www.memory-alpha.org

Galileo (NCC-1701/7)

The shuttle Galileo.[edit]

Galileo (I)

This Class F shuttlecraft was assigned to the USS Enterprise in the 2260s. In 2267, the Galileo was forced to crash-land on Taurus II and was unable to regain orbit. Lieutenant Commander Montgomery Scott was able to repair the shuttle by using hand phasers as a fuel source, and the shuttle flew long enough to get the attention of the Enterprise. Its crew was recovered, but the shuttle itself was lost. (TOS: "The Galileo Seven")

The Galileo was the first shuttlecraft created for Star Trek, although a shuttle from Starbase 11, in TOS: "The Menagerie, Part I," was the first televised shuttle as that episode was aired before TOS: "The Galileo Seven."

Galileo II (NCC-1701/7)

A Class F shuttle named Galileo, this time with the addition of a "II" in its name, was present aboard the Enterprise in 2269. It was stolen from the ship by Dr. Sevrin and his followers during their quest for the mythological planet of Eden. The shuttle was later recovered. (TOS: "The Way to Eden")

It is unknown whether or not this was actually the third Galileo, simply renamed. At any rate, this would still be the fourth and not second Galileo aboard the Enterprise.

Every now and then ebay has the model up for auction <_<

Edited by JGG