Sign in to follow this  
Temporal Insurgent

parallel quantum mirror universes

How many mirror universes did Sisko and crew visit? It must be more than one, because in "Through the Looking Glass" the Alliance had cloaked ships, but in "The Emperors new cloak" the residents of that mirror universe acted as if cloaking technology was something radically new to them.

Considering Worfs adventure through quantum realities in "Parallels", is it possible that each trip was to a different mirror universe?

In DS9, I think the differences in the parralell universes we saw throughout the series we mistakes made by the writers. Now remember, this doesnt include anything other than the PARALELL universes. other types of "other realities"...well, there could be lots of those...but, paralell universes are awesome anyway. All hail the paralell universes :laugh:

I'm sure there could be "explanations" made to explain that but it just boils down to a writers error in the 7th season.

Even with the error though it was a good episode.

It would be my guess that the "Parallel Universe" is just one possible universe, but since it has been named somewhat then that would be the universe they are refferring to.

I'll agree on writer's error.

How many mirror universes did Sisko and crew visit? It must be more than one, because in "Through the Looking Glass" the Alliance had cloaked ships, but in "The Emperors new cloak" the residents of that mirror universe acted as if cloaking technology was something radically new to them.

Considering Worfs adventure through quantum realities in "Parallels", is it possible that each trip was to a different mirror universe?

298367[/snapback]

Maybe Worf didn't think the cloak would be neccessary, evn slightly counterproductive. The point of the cloak is to sneak up on someone and attack when they're unaware. But if the enemy knows you're coming anyway, why hide? When you decloak, you'll be vulnerable, which means that an alert and prepared enemy could use that to their advantage, blasting at least a couple blasts out of existence.

Not to mention, with a fleet that size, the cloaks might not work as well... there might be some sort of readable energy.