Sign in to follow this  
removed

Golf

Golf is my favorite sport. I love it. I play it quite often and have had a membership at a local course for 4 years now. Next I am even planning on applying for membership at a private course which is minutes away from my house. This is such a fun sport and I love it. I attended the Wayne Gretzky & Friends Golf Tournament last summer and succesfully aquired Mike Weir's autograph on a 1999 Skins Game ticket from Mont Tremblant, Quebec. I was unbelievably happy. I am even wearing a collector's edition Mike Weir Master's Win hat right now. As you can probably tell, "I am and always shall be" (lol) Mike Weir's fan.

Does anybody else play or even just enjoy watching the great game of golf?

I enjoy golf too. It is a very relaxing sport. Unfortnately I don't get to play or watch it much. :rolleyes:

I LOVE GOLF. i just went out friday morning for a quick nine. the guy said hit'em good. i sure did, i hit'em good-n-plenty. lol. since i hurt my hand, i havent played a whole lot. my best score a few years back, when i played every weekend was an 89. never will i be there again. oh well. still love it. its the only thing i do thats so frustrating, and relaxing at the same time. :rolleyes:

I play gold now and then, it's pretty relaxing compared to my other sport, football.. It's nice to just be out in the fresh air without having to run like crazy chasing a ball :rolleyes:

I know a lot of people who do it (basically everyone in my family and I have about 20 aunts and uncles) I've never tried it myself, but I know my dad used to a ong time ago. It looks fun though, maybe I'll try it some day. My aunt keeps telling me I should

I've never really gotten into golf..(same with american football) However my Uncle plays and watches it all the time.. He's training his little 5 and 3 year old boys to play.. :rolleyes: Its quite funny..

i think it is sooo relaxing (well that is if i dont play really bad.). i havent gotten out enough in my life to be very good: my lowest score ever was a 92. the other day i couldnt hit my lower clubs, so i played an entire 18 hole round with no other clubs but my 7-iron, my pitching wedge, and my putter. haha. i shot a 101 that day. :idea: lol. but this summer i want to go at least 3 times a week and thatll lower my score and handicap. (HOPEFULLY) :o

Uh,I play miniature golf...... :bow:

:) Lol, I guess to the professionals out there, this person would be considered an Ensign, although Miniature Golf does seem to be more entertaining.

My father was a caddy for three years at an Mississippi golf course,and he attempted to teach me the game a few times when I was a teen.I hated golf and never paid much attention to his lessons (which infuriated him).Eventually,he saw that I had no intentions of learning the sport and gave up.I'm still not much of a fan,but I keep tabs on Tiger.

Yeah, miniature Golf is the closest I've ever ever come to playing the game.

Here's a little Golf joke I found...

----------------------------------------

Wrong Tees?

It was a sunny Saturday morning on the first hole of a busy golf course and I was beginning my pre shot routine, when a piercing voice came over the clubhouse loudspeaker. "Would the gentleman on the women's tee back up to the men's tee please!"

I could feel every eye on the course looking at me, but I was deep in my routine, seemingly impervious to the interruption. Again the announcement, "Would the MAN on the WOMEN'S tee kindly back up to the men's tee."

I ignored the guy and kept concentrating, when once more, the man yelled "Would the man on the women's tee back up to the men's tee, PLEASE!"

I finally stopped, looked back at the clubhouse, cupped my hands and shouted.... "Would the idiot in the clubhouse kindly shut up and let me play my second shot!"

Yeah, miniature Golf is the closest I've ever ever come to playing the game.

Here's a little Golf joke I found...

----------------------------------------

Wrong Tees?

It was a sunny Saturday morning on the first hole of a busy golf course and I was beginning my pre shot routine, when a piercing voice came over the clubhouse loudspeaker. "Would the gentleman on the women's tee back up to the men's tee please!"

I could feel every eye on the course looking at me, but I was deep in my routine, seemingly impervious to the interruption. Again the announcement, "Would the MAN on the WOMEN'S tee kindly back up to the men's tee."

I ignored the guy and kept concentrating, when once more, the man yelled "Would the man on the women's tee back up to the men's tee, PLEASE!"

I finally stopped, looked back at the clubhouse, cupped my hands and shouted.... "Would the idiot in the clubhouse kindly shut up and let me play my second shot!"

lol. every year, my family and a bunch of other families camp and have a golf tournament near Banff, Alberta. there are about 16 families who come every year. the men have a tournament early in the morning and the women have one later in the day. so in the mens tournament, if you DO hit the ball, and it doesnt pass the ladies tees, the next shot has to be played in their underwear. lol. its so funny. its a good deterent from playing bad. lol. luckly none of the marshals (basically referees on the golf course) have ever seen this, because the course we do it at is really fancy and that wouldnt be very good. lol.

just thought id share that funny bit of "golf humour". lol