Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

New X-Files Movie To Be Made

X-Files’ Shifts Into The Horror Genre

Author: Alan Stanley Blair

Date: 01-14-2005

Source: IGN Filmforce

“The X-Files” may have went out on a whimper when it finished its nine-year run on Fox, but according to show star David Duchovny, Mulder and Scully (Gillian Anderson) will be back again ... and back on the big screen.

The second movie based on the popular science-fiction series has been a question hanging over the heads of all cast members involved, but now it seems the project is finally in motion.

Duchovny recently told reporters at the 10th Annual Critics' Choice Awards that shooting should be commencing either early this year, or early 2006. The actor was reluctant to give away anymore details on the project, but did say that it would be more of a fantasy horror than a sci-fi conspiracy -- a storyline which rocketed the show to fame in the 1990s with a feature film following soon after.

The blend of fantasy horror is something which was a major part of “The X-Files” series, with episodes often being given a maturity warning. The concept was later incorporated into a “Resident Evil”-style video game based on the series entitled “Resist or Serve."

Sounds interesting. Fantasy-horror is something The X-Files is good at - sometimes too good! :P :)

I also liked the X-Files series (the movie was between seasons of the show 6-7)was wondering if it was even possible anymore for a sequel after the series went off the air??

:P :) :P :)

VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY INTERESTING .

297345[/snapback]

Why do I keep expecting to see Arte Johnson dressed up as a German soldier come out from behind a plant to add "...but stupid". Gosh, I guess that dates me! lol (for those too young to know what I'm taking about - it was a weekly bit on Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In).

It will be interesting to see what happens with the movie. Duchovny was specific in some ways but pretty vague in others.

VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY INTERESTING .

297345[/snapback]

Why do I keep expecting to see Arte Johnson dressed up as a German soldier come out from behind a plant to add "...but stupid". Gosh, I guess that dates me! lol (for those too young to know what I'm taking about - it was a weekly bit on Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In).

:laugh: Yeah, that above statement DID look unfinished. I did not get to watch much in the way of laugh in, but do remember it via my mom as well as the fact that in Acting we actually were going to put it on the stage (I am serious, our instructor had class set of scripts). Sadly we did not make it to show time with it :spock:

Well.... back to being on topic. I hope that there is a return to some of the good seasons of X-Files for this movie. I did not like the last couple of seasons much at all. It got to a point that I would watch maybe 15 minutes tops of the last season.

:spock: Oops, sorry, didn't relize I was showing my age.  :laugh:

297928[/snapback]

LOL, no problem. I am kinda glad to see someone else says it. I often say it around my family, and have said it a few times at work (most times I will go ahead and and the "but stupid" part)

I found this at SyFy Portal:

David Duchovny Jumps The Gun

Author: Alan Stanley Blair

Date: 01-27-2005

Source: TV Guide Online

Last week, former “The X-Files” actor David Duchovny made the hearts of fans leap at the 10th annual Critics' Choice Awards when he told reporters that another X-Files-based feature film was in the works, with shooting to begin later this year or in early 2006.

The actor failed to disclose any details of the plot, stating that it was in the early stages. According to series creator Chris Carter, it is in a very, very early stage.

"There is no negotiation, there's no script written, there's nothing other than a desire for people to get together," said Carter's agent, Elliott Webb.

“The X-Files” made a nine-year run on the Fox network before its cancellation, with a feature film in 1998 continuing the alien colonization plot -– a story which helped make the show an internationally renowned phenomena.

So did he bop his bippy?

No really.. The video game (the recient one) rocked.but of its one of those movies OOPS its a old case that we did not do in the show ,i will be pissed off