Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Mozilla Firefox Called "Marketing's Borg"

I just had to share this little article I found at TrekToday:

Here's a neat marketing idea: Lock 40,000 people in a room. Combine their brainpower, divergent backgrounds, various skills, and colorfully disparate ideas. Then sit back and let this passionate collective spread your product across planet Earth. This Borg-like marketing approach is now under way at the Mozilla Foundation, and for now at least, it's working the way it did for those diabolical Star Trek villains. Thanks in large part to what Mozilla calls open-source marketing (and, of course, some pretty spiffy technology design and features), the California-based software concern's free Firefox Web browser has become the first real challenge to Microsoft's (MSFT) Internet Explorer...

But the early Firefox buzz does give Mozilla an opportunity to capture plenty of unhappy Microsoft Web surfers. More important, it proves that open-source marketing -- tapping the power of the collective -- isn't just for the Borg anymore.

Written by Thomas Mucha for Business 2.0

as someone who has been borgified by mozilla, i can say i much prefer it. Spy ware doesn't seem to pop-up and advertising doesn't either. its amazing. I love this browser and rarely if ever use Microsoft.

I've downloaded Firefox recently but noticed that it doesn't display the board correctly. Has anyone else noticed that or could it just be my configuration?

it can have problems at first, some pics don't show up, but mines all good now

I've downloaded Firefox recently but noticed that it doesn't display the board correctly. Has anyone else noticed that or could it just be my configuration?

297342[/snapback]

I'm using Firefox right now. It does take slightly longer for some graphics to load but that's it.

297342[/snapback]

I had that problem too so I went back to IE. Dill said he did and was working on fixing it but I didn't hear whether he did or not.

I have been using Mozilla for... a month? or so now, and I have to say I love it! There are less pop-ups and the pics on this board and other places work fine for me. I still go back to IE for e-mail though.

297342[/snapback]

Sometimes spoilers or images will not show. And the glowing font looks like plain old font(and that works because a lot of times the glowing fonts bug my eyes, especially if there is a lot of it). But other than that, I adore Mozilla Firefox.

And I have Data to thank for introducing me to Firefox. THANKS, DATA!!! :P

I used to use either AOL or IE, but most often I will use Firefox even if it does not display properly. I much prefer the pop up blocker, the spy ware protection, et al.

Edited by Yillara_Soong