Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Enterprise in Second Run Weekend Syndication

Posted today at Trekweb.com

A new ad in Broadcast & Cable boasts that in the two months since announcing ENTERPRISE would enter weekend syndication this fall, Viacom has sold the show to 80% of the country's markets. Markets still up in the air include NY, LA, Chicago.

Looks like reruns will be seen in more parts of the States than first run episodes. Isn't that ironic. Maybe Paramount will learn that it's more profitable for them to syndicate first run episodes as well rather than leaving Enterprise on UPN.

Paramount should just let UPN die and go back to syndicating series.

Well, I hope the reruns are in my area, because I want to get episodes I like on tape, since I know I will not be buying the season sets (well -- perhaps season 1)

I'm glad that they are going into syndication this fall. I'm anxious to see the early episodes again..It is ironic that more people will see Enterprise this way..I just hope it isn't too late. I read a portion of a Jolene Blalock interview in which she seems to be saying with certainty that this is the last season for Enterprise. Course she has said similar things in the past..

I'm glad that they are going into syndication this fall. I'm anxious to see the early episodes again..It is ironic that more people will see Enterprise this way..I just hope it isn't too late. I read a portion of a Jolene Blalock interview in which she seems to be saying with certainty that this is the last season for Enterprise. Course she has said similar things in the past..

296880[/snapback]

I wouldn't be surprised if this season is her last season but I don't believe it will be for the series.

I bet a decision on the series won't be made until after the first season DVD is released (at the earliest). If the second run syndication situation is good and sales of the DVDs are good, there is no way Paramount will cancel the series outright. If it's canceled by UPN, I'm sure they would go the full syndication route. I wouldn't be surprised if it was part of the syndication deal that if Enterprise goes into first run syndication that the stations who have signed up for second run episodes will have first crack at getting the first run syndication rights.