Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

NHL Lockout

Stupid owners and NHLPA...They won't agree to anything, they're both stubborn and neither is really speaking for the players. To show you how bad the players want to play, many European players have gone back to their own teams... If the season gets canceled, how many of those players do you think will want to come back?

Don't get me started on this. I'm just tired of the whole thing.

You have one side (NHL) that insists on a ridiculous salary cap because the owners can't stop themselves from spending too much. And the players are greedy too but that's only because the owners are stupid with their money. My motto is "No NHLer has EVER signed his own paycheque."

And I'm tired of the argument that the NFL has a cap. Well the NFL also has a massive TV deal, which the NHL can never get because the NHL cannot sell in the majority of the U.S.

The reason behind all this is THE RAT himself: Gary Bettman. A man who has attempted to sell this game in the United States, which (outside of a few markets) WILL NEVER WORK! IT'S FUTILE! If a team like the Nashville Predators loses $20 million when they have a $21 million salary level, I SAY GET OUT OF THE LEAGUE. There are far too many teams in this league and a large number of them are in total crap markets (i.e. Anahiem, San Jose, Phoenix, Atlanta, Nashville, Tampa Bay, Florida, Carolina). I say kick six teams out and move four to better markets (i.e. Winnipeg, Quebec City, Halifax, and maybe someplace like Seattle).

The high number of teams dilutes the talent pool, reduces the quality of hockey, and drives up the salaries of star players. The NHL needs to get out of the bad markets and focus on places where hockey can sell not where they might sell. Bettman and Goodenow need to go as well, they are far too stubborn and they don't even like each other.

As an aside, the season is lost, there is no hope.

Okay, so I got started on it but I'm tired of all the blame being placed on the players.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

I've never been a fan of the NHL, though for a few years in the early 80's I followed the Washington Capitols because several of their players went to my church and I got to know them. Other then that I really don't know anything about the sport.

That being said, as a sports fan I think the lockout is bad for all sports and it would be a really bad thing to see the NHL fold if it ever came to that.

I've never been a fan of the NHL, though for a few years in the early 80's I followed the Washington Capitols because several of their players went to my church and I got to know them. Other then that I really don't know anything about the sport.

That being said, as a sports fan I think the lockout is bad for all sports and it would be a really bad thing to see the NHL fold if it ever came to that.

296264[/snapback]

You like the CAPITOLS?!? Ugh, I just lost all respect for you.. hehe jk, I'm a huge Pittsburgh Penguin fan, so there was always a large rivalry between those two teams...

Speaking about folding, if any teams fold, the Penguins will be the first to do so, they're soo strapped for cash, they can hardly keep anyone around.