Sign in to follow this  

Question Regarding the Brier Patch

First do I need to keep putting spoiler when the episode is old?

Is the Briar Patch in The Augments the same Briar Patch in Star Trek Insurrection?

I don't know if it is the same or not. I assumed it was when it first aired.

As for the spoilers, you can just use the spoiler button when there's any doubt. Since there are people in other countries that wont see the episode until next year or later this year I'd say yes if it's something that gives away plot information.

The topic of this post wasn't really plot related so I don't know that it was needed here.

I don't believe they could be the same. I watched 'Insurrection' about two nights ago and the Admiral said "we've named it the Briar Patch", the name being from The Brer Rabbit. Picard gave this a wry smile obviously hearing this for the first time. They couldn't be the same.

Edited by Matt

It's possible that Soong never told anyone else the name he gave it and it just happened that Starfleet named it the same thing.

Also, according to the Star Charts book, the Briar Patch is within a few sectors of the border of the Klingon Empire and the Federation. So, at Enterprise's time, the Klingons may have owned that territory, but got pushed back at some point to where it fell within Federation space.

It's possible that Soong never told anyone else the name he gave it and it just happened that Starfleet named it the same thing.

Also, according to the Star Charts book, the Briar Patch is within a few sectors of the border of the Klingon Empire and the Federation.  So, at Enterprise's time, the Klingons may have owned that territory, but got pushed back at some point to where it fell within Federation space.

296310[/snapback]

Arik Soong indicated that the Briar Patch was outside of Klingon territory when he spoke about it.