Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

If Bill Shatner Makes An Appearance On Enterprise.

In the latest issue of Cinescape they have a two page article talking about Enterprise and in the article the talk about Bill Shatner’s possible appearance on Star Trek Enterprise. Here’s what they had to say, this is from the article:

With so much Trek lore being explored this season, one much-chattered about guest appearance on Enterprise is beginning to sound more and more feasible. Will William Shatner finally return to the franchise after a ten-year absence?

“There have been a lot of rumors about Captain Kirk, which is something we’d love to see happen,” enthuses Braga.

Coto is equally psyched at the prospect of bringing old Kirk back, but he’s also careful not to commit to anything just yet.

“I don’t want to give away what he’ll be, but I tell you this: he won’t be Kirk, and he won’t be an ancestor,” says Coto. “He’s not going to play his great-grandfather.” We had lunch, he pitched his idea, it’s great. And I don’t know if it will work out. The man is hot right now [with Boston Legal] and he’s very busy. So it may not work out.”

Anyway, that’s what the article had to say about Bill’s return. Just thought I’d share it.

he cant play anyone like tht 4 a few reasons

he does quite alot of cameos also the timeline difference

bac then [in a manner of speaking]

they wanted young strong captains like archer

and now the captain of the colombia nx-02

he could play admiral though

It doesn't look good. I just found this quote of a Rick Berman interview done with Star Trek Magazine at TrekWeb.com:

About the possibility of William Shatner appearance on the show, Berman said "It's still in discussion. It's totally out of our hands. It's something that's happening between agents and attorneys. I'm not very optimistic, but it's not totally dead. Someone joked to me that I should talk to Rene Auberjonois [who's co-starring with Shatner on BOSTON LEGAL] into talking Shatner into coming onto the show. I just spoke to Rene, and I'm so happy for him. He's a remarkable actor and its great too see him on a series. He was going to be a recurring character, but I guess they liked him so much they made him a regular."

I read somewhere (if it was on this site, my apologies for forgetting) that Shatner himself stated that he would not be making an appearance this season, but, if ENT survives, the possibility exists next season.

I read somewhere (if it was on this site, my apologies for forgetting) that Shatner himself stated that he would not be making an appearance this season, but, if ENT survives, the possibility exists next season.

297808[/snapback]

The interview I quoted in my last post is very recent so Rick Berman's comments were made after that.

Remembering now, I believe Shatner made that comment to an interviewer at this yr's Golden Globes, which was only a wk or so ago. Berman's comments could easily be more recent, though. Despite what either says, however, I find it doubtful that Shatner will make an appearance on the show, mainly due to his recent success on Boston Legal.