Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Star Trek Audio Books

Has anyone gotten any of the Star Trek Audio Books? I've never "read" an audio book before but it seems like it would be enjoyable to listen to.

If you've listened to any, which ones do you have? I'd be interested in the DS9 books if they're on audio.

I have 11 of them.

5 from the Next Generation series:

Crossover - written by: Michael Jan Friedman - read by: Johathan Frakes

Kahless - written by: Michael Jan Friedman - read by: Kevin Conway

Q-Squared - written by: Peter David - read by: John De Lancie

First Contact - written by: J.M. Dillard - read by: Gates McFadden

Ship of the Line - written by: Diane Carey - read by: Kevin Conway

3 from The Original Series:

Sarek - written by: A.C. Crispin - read by: Mark Lenard

Probe - written by: Margaret Wander Bonanno - read by: James Doohan

Vulcan's Heart - written by: Josepha Sherman & Susan Shwartz - read by: Tim Russ

3 from the Captain Sulu Adventure Series

Envoy - written: by L.A. Graf - starring: George Takei with Essene R., Jenifer Lewis, Nan Martin, Howard McGillian, Meredith Monk

Transformations - written by: Dave Stern - starring: George Takei with Dana Ivey and Daniel Gerroll

Cacophony - written by: J.J. Molloy - starring George Takei with Simon Jones, Maryanne Plunkett, Lynne Thigpen and Lee Wilkof

I tried listening to them when I was driving, but I wasn't able to give them full concentration, and I found myself driving around the block a couple of times to get through a "chapter".

So now, I usually listen to them when I'm on an airplane. They're a great way to pass the time, and they're definitely Star Trek!

:walkman:

I don't have any of them, but The library in my town has a few, and I've listened to a couple of them: "Dark Mirror" and "Generations". Bothe were interesting to listen to, even though I had already read the real books. Something you should know though-they don't read the "entire" book, not down to every last word anyway. I found that out when I tried to read along with "Dark Mirror". They shorten it some. I don't know if they do that with all of them, though.

Anyway, what I want to know is where I can buy them. I would love to have some of the TNG ones, but don't know where to find the.

don't own any of them but I have checked several out of the library. The ones that I have heard are

Q-squared

Dark Mirror

Crossover

The Return

Avenger

Dark Victory

Preserver

First Contact

Sarek

Probe

some of them are the same ones you guys heard. I used to listen to the tapes on the way to college everyday in my car. Great memories! I love audio books because they have cool sound effects and are read by Trek stars! The only downer is that they don't read every chapter, I've noticed with the Shatner books, they skip a chapter every now and then. I know because I own/read the books as well. I recommend getting them, they are especially good when you are on the road, in a car on vacation or stuck in traffic.