Sign in to follow this  
Tank

Should they have kept it?

Should they have kept the alternate ending for Nemesis?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should they have kept the alternate ending for Nemesis?

• Yes! I thought it brought better closer to the film.
    • No! I thought it was cheesy and overall lame.
    • Indifferent... I didn't care much for either ending.
    • I still haven't seen the alternate ending.

Have you watched the alternate ending for Nemesis that's on the DVD? If so what were your thoughts on it. From what i can tell the reviews seem to be pretty mixed on if they should have left it in or not. I guess we'll leave it to the poll to decide!

I myself vote a solid NO! I thought that it was way to slow and long to have been a good ending. Also the whole scene just seemed akward and pushed to me. I thought the seat belt on the captians chair was a very cheap laugh and the new First Officer was so so at best. Anyway that's my opinion, what's yours!

I voted no too. I liked the ending just the way it was. I'm glad the alternate ending didn't include some of the things from the first draft of the script. I didn't like Madden in that draft at all.

I didn't like the alternate ending either.

As much as I didn't like a certain section of the theatrical ending... It was much better than the alternate ending( Geez I can't believe I just said that! Ack! Well this one was the lesser of the two evils, I guess)

We all know how I wanted the story to end...so I won't continue on.

I voted no. I didn't like the new first officer at all! Its weird having a new person as part of the crew, (with no riker!), and also makes it feels like tng is over even more! I'm glad they didn't put it in. I didn't really like any of the dealeted scenes that much, except for the one with data and picard. that was good, although a little long.

I voted "Yes"! :)

I thought it closed the film out rather nicely and I thought Madden was fine, based on his limited part.

As far as the crew staying together for the next movie, it would be totally unbelievable to have Riker or Troi on the Enterprise. They're leaving for the Titan...for them to be back on board would seem ludicrous.

I, too, enjoyed the scene with Data and Picard. They should have left it in. I don't think there are too many of us fans that would have argued if the movie ran past two hours. B)

Stingray

I havent see the alt ending yet

I'll have to wate till it's relesed in the UK to see what the fuss is about

I voted no.  I didn't like the new first officer at all! Its weird having a new person as part of the crew, (with no riker!), and also makes it feels like tng is over even more!  I'm glad they didn't put it in.  I didn't really like any of the dealeted scenes that much, except for the one with data and picard.  that was good, although a little long.

The scene with Data and Picard was great. I also really liked the scene with Shinzon in the Romulan senate. I think it would have done a lot for the story, however I do agree with Stewert Braid that it would have taken away from Shinzons enterents later in the film. The second attack on Troi wasn't bad either but it really didn't serve any purpose.

oh yeah, I forgot about the one with shinzon, that wasn't bad either, although yes, as you said, it was a wise decisioon to take it out, because it wouldn't have had the same affect when we see shinzon for the first time.

i loved the scene with the 'chateau picard'. its funny how data watches and repeats picards wine tasting methods. that got a laugh out of me.

I too, wished that the scene after the reception between Data and Picard should have stayed, I loved that scene!

And one scene that didn't make it onto the deleted scene selections...that should have, IMO, was the scene in Ten-Forward between Data and B4....Brent Spiner talked about that scene in an interview, and I really wanted to see that one :bow: :bow: !

In the deleted scences I liked the one in sickbay :rolleyes: big surprise right..

I think they needed to explain why Wes was there...(without having to read the book)

I thought that the sickbay scene seemed a bit akward and it served very little purpose other then giving Crusher a few more lines (which I'm not at all against). I didn't understand why the included it in the deleted scenes however considering some of the scenese that they didn't include.

I have not seen it, but it was in the book and i did read that. I too thought the idea of the seat belts sounded lame. Why there and not in the other seats? is only the captain of value?

I wanted to see the scene in Ten Forward and when my sisters told me it was not included, i was very sad.

I have not seen it, but it was in the book and i did read that. I too thought the idea of the seat belts sounded lame. Why there and not in the other seats? is only the captain of value?

I wanted to see the scene in Ten Forward and when my sisters told me it was not included, i was very sad.

Yeah, I agree about the seat belts being lame....And also, I agree...Only the captain gets one?! WAIT!!You have a similar situation here on 21st century Earth....On Cheese Wagons(school buses) only the bus driver has a belt, and up to 50 children have to go without. Or 64 kids, if you were the bus I rode in high school for four years. (yes, almost full grown young adults crammed up to four to a seat designed to seat 2 smaller children comfortably! and not a single seat belt). WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN ANY OF THIS?!?!?!?!?

Yeah, I agree about the seat belts being lame....And also, I agree...Only the captain gets one?! WAIT!!You have a similar situation here on 21st century Earth....On Cheese Wagons(school buses) only the bus driver has a belt, and up to 50 children have to go without. Or 64 kids, if you were the bus I rode in high school for four years. (yes, almost full grown young adults crammed up to four to a seat designed to seat 2 smaller children comfortably! and not a single seat belt). WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN ANY OF THIS?!?!?!?!?

Haven't you ever heard? "The needs of the captian out way the needs of the many or the few."

Haven't you ever heard? "The needs of the captian out way the needs of the many or the few."

Arghh! You know that is what my idiot bus driver said to us kids when she was asked why we don't get to have seat belts! She said it was more important that she have a belt, than for us kids to have a belt because she was a bus driver(yeah, like that is really an excuse) Bus accidents happen all the time and kids are thrown about like ragdolls, but sure it is more important for the driver to be the only one secured.... You can tell it wasn't the Vulcans who came up with that idea!

Arghh! You know that is what my idiot bus driver said to us kids when she was asked why we don't get to have seat belts! She said it was more important that she have a belt, than for us kids to have a belt because she was a bus driver(yeah, like that is really an excuse) Bus accidents happen all the time and kids are thrown about like ragdolls, but sure it is more important for the driver to be the only one secured.... You can tell it wasn't the Vulcans who came up with that idea!

You guys are wrong about the seatbelt thing for several reasons.

1. If there's an accident, the kids will be thrown into the seat infront of them. Seatbelts can be damaging if not worn right, and how's the bus driver gonna make sure everyone wears it right?

2. In the event of an emergency, the kids must be able to flood out of any and all emergency exits, and not be fighting with their seatbelts. What if the bus runs off a bridge and lands in a stream? The kids could be wounded and try and get out... or they can be secure, panic, and drown, becuase they couldn't unbuckle the seatbelt.

3. The Bus Driver wears a seatbelt, becuase otherwise, she'd fly through the windshield. Then who looks after the kids?

In my opinion, the best approach would be to have "backpack" like straps, 3 sets on each seat, along with padlock belts, like on a phanny pack. This way, you could slide into it, like a harness. In the event of an emergency, the kids could slip out. In the event the bus is flipped on it's side, or upside down, the kids could unsnap the belt, then slip out of the harness.

Well, what's your opinion on this?

LOL Tank! :blink:

I did not care for the seat belt thing, but I did like what Picard said at the end about going where no one has gone before. They should have somehow worked that into the ending they chose. IMHO

Hi everyone,

I finally watched the Nemesis DVD and deleted scenes the other day.

I did go see Nemesis at the movie last December.

One thing about the alternate ending, after the seat belt display, Picard says "It's a place..... Where no one has gone before". That's classical Star Trek!!! Other than that, I thought the alternate ending was so-so and I prefered the original theatrical ending. I just wished they would have used that line, somehow, in the original ending.

I really enjoyed the deleted scene with Data and Picard. That scene should have remained. Not only was Data hilarious, but did anyone catch Data looking at the flute Picard gained from the episode Inner Light? That alone should have been enough merit to leave that scene in. Also, did anyone notice Picard's Fencing mask in the background? :idea:

One thing I noticed and I wonder how many of you did too...

This pertains to the deleted scenes and the previews for the movie from last December.

Worf - "I recommend extreme caution" - used in preview, not in theatrical movie.

Troi - Kneeling in turbolift after Shinzon violation - used in preview, not in theatrical movie

There was another, but I can't remember. I'd have to go back nad watch the deleted scenes again to spot it.

IMHO, I wished they had released the Nemesis DVD in a totally UNCUT and theatrical version. Sort of like the Terminator 2 Ultimate DVD.

I prefered the actual ending...

Click for Spoiler:

I mean, Data death was something I think was really the major drama of the movie, and finishing with B4 was just normal

I've got the DVD sitting on the shelf, and I haven't seen the alternate ending yet. I'll get there, I'll get there.... :grin:

IMHO, I wished they had released the Nemesis DVD in a totally UNCUT and theatrical version. Sort of like the Terminator 2 Ultimate DVD.

They did that with Lord of the Rings as well, in the extended version B)