Sign in to follow this  
master_q

William Shatner’s Trip

William Shatner’s Trip

Coral Reef Foundation

I recently went to Monterey to help raise some money for the Coral Reef Foundation.  The effort to help save the coral reefs is very near and dear to me since we all depend o­n a healthy ocean for our very existence.  It should be noted that the coral reefs are in danger of dying – an unimaginable tragedy for everyone o­n the planet.  Already there exists the possibility that all the large fish will soon be wiped out.  Next is the smaller fish that live near the coral reefs and depend o­n them for their existence.  A lot of people get their protein from these fish so o­ne of the main problems to combat is over-fishing.  Another is pollution.  Combine these problems with global warming and we’ve got the potential for another tragedy in the network of life.  Needless to say, the Coral Reef Foundation is trying to prevent this situation from happening through education and the creation of new coral reef systems.

I’ve been an avid diver now for years.  I’ve been lucky enough to see some wonderful underwater sights that I will never forget.  I’ve been down far enough to see a shipwreck and have swum among dolphins.  I’ve watched whales breach and sharks scuttle among caves.  So much beauty exists for all of us in these oceans.  My greatest hope is that these opportunities will still be there for my grandchildren when they are adults.

--Shatner’s Official Site http://www.williamshatner.com/

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

It seems that a lot of people here don’t really care for Shatner. I don’t really know him enough as a person - outside of his character (Kirk) and I really doubt that anyone here really knows him outside of being Kirk. It seems that he is a part of a lot of non-profit organizations like this one. He seems really active in these organizations and I think that shows his character in many ways.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

your right, most, or all of us dont know him as a person, he does appear to do things that are good, and constructiv. i suppose till we actually know someone, we should give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sign in to follow this