Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Jason Giambi, Barry Bonds, and the steriod scandel

Within the last couple of weeks we have heard the testimonies of Jason Giambi and Barry Bonds over the steriod scandel involving the drug company BALCO.

Jason Giambi admitted to using steriods knowing full well that they were illegal in baseball.Bonds who is in pursuit of Babe Ruth and Hammerin Hank Aaron on the all time home run list admitted to using steriods but didnt know what he was taking was illegal.

I dont think there is any argument as to wheather or not it is wrong because we all know it is.Its cheating plain and simple. Wheather it be in baseball, football or any other sport its wrong.

The question is what should be done about it? More immediatly what should be done to Giambi and Bonds? The Yankees are in the process of trying to void Giambi's contract and get out of paying him 84 million over the next 4 years. If it were any other ballclub I would hope it happens but since its the yankees I hope that King George gets stuck with his contract.

Personally I think Giambi should be drummed from baseball.If Pete Rose gets banned for life for something that actually had no real effect on the game itself then Giambi should get banned for outright cheating.

They say that Giambi will likely be booed, heckled and generally disrepected for the rest of his playing days. I say he deserves every bit of it.I for one would throw my full cup of pop at him and spit on him if I had the chance. Hes a discrace to the game.

Thoughts? Opinions?