Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Mouse or Keyboard

Do you prefer using the mouse or keyboard for commands.  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer using the mouse or keyboard for commands.

• mouse
    • keyboard

What??? :) No "both" option? I use my keyboard and mouse pretty equally. There are a lot of things you simply can't do with the keyboard effectively, and there are a lot of things a keyboard makes more effcient! I can't choose either one.

At my current understanding of my pc I could not conceive of navigating the Net without using the mouse but if it that were possible, I could see the advantages of never needing to move my hand over to the mouse. I too need to have a both option so, null vote.

I definately try to use the keyboard as much as possible. My mouse is really wacked and has a slow response though, so that might be it. I also have this pen with my computer, that works like a mouse. Its kind of like the pen on a palm piolet, although looks more like a pen. Its really cool, you just the screen and it clicks!

I have a vision in my mind of Scotty with a mouse... "Hello Computer"

LMAO

In terms of computers I'm a "DOS baby" all this point and click stuff is too easy.

Maybe in a few years they'll have worked out that voice activated software.

I use the mouse for surfing - but when I'm working - and I am on a roll it is cumbersome to stop and reach for the mouse to move to a new screen and I find too many programs are mouse dependent.

A lot of people get carpal tunnel syndrome from the keyboard but I get an inflammed shoulder when I have to use the mouse too much - expecially if I have to work without a keyboard tray under the desk that holds the mouse.

Agree UH, when I'm working in Word or other "business" software then I have to be able to use key strokes or I am slowed down considerably. If I had to click on cut and paste all the time instead of using ctrl-x or ctrl-c and ctrl-v I would scream. Banghead.gif I do use the mouse to surf the net.

Agree UH, when I'm working in Word or other "business" software then I have to be able to use key strokes or I am slowed down considerably.  If I had to click on cut and paste all the time instead of using ctrl-x or ctrl-c and ctrl-v I would scream. Banghead.gif I do use the mouse to surf the net.

I also use “ctrl-x” (cut) , “ctrl-c” (copy), and “ctrl-v” (paste) all the time. It is true when you get more accustom to all of those short cuts on your keyboard you work more efficiently and faster.

Sometimes I get comments that I’m fast with the keyboard. Like when I want to copy a line I don’t highlight with my mouse, but I hold “shift” and then “home” (or “end” or even “page down” / “page up” / . . . ).

When I want to open “My Computer” (or explore) I press the “win key” and “E”. If I want to run something using the program run I type “win key” and “R”. If I want to see the desktop, then “win key” and “d”. Switching between windows “alt” and “tab”. And so on . . . . . .

Keyboard shortcuts are really handy.

Also I have worked with DOS (Disk Operating System) a lot. Other OS (operating systems) that I worked with are Win3.1, 95, 98, NT, ME, XP, Linux Redhat, and a bit of UNIX. (I also have used Cisco’s Routers OS several times)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I prefer the mouse, but I wonder why there isn't a plasma screen that you can just use your finger with - I guess it's like cold fusion, eh? - too many mice would go outta business.

Thank God for the mouse! I would not be able to operate without it!

Me too ! Mine is an optical mouse. I could never go back to the ordinary mouse they are so slow. :dude:

I had to null my vote I play to many games that reguire both the keyboard and the mouse as unreal and elete force but I also have games that just use the mouse like star wars battle grounds. As for work the programs I have to work with I have to use both but it's not so bad due to the fact that I don't use it as much as most of you probly do.