Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Borg Virus? ~

With all their technology you'd think they would have had one. :laugh: That would be an Excellent Assimilation tool, No???

With all their technology you'd think they would have had one. :laugh: That would be an Excellent Assimilation tool, No???

284256[/snapback]

I think they did pretty good without one. How would you put nanoprobes in a virus though?

Well, if nanoprobes were to be the vehicle I guess they would have to be infected with them. Viruses are smaller than bacteria and it sounds feasable, no? I don't know the relationship in size between nanoprobes, viruses and bacteria but I would think that nanoprobes, being tiny machines were probably larger than viruses and bacteria.

Well... I've always wondered why the Borg didn't just transport people from other ships to their own. I mean, the borg cube has certainly enough firepower to takedown the shields and transport the whole crew and assimilate them and then assimilate the technology later. That would be efficient. But Jeanway, I see your point.

In the books "Homecoming" and "The Farther Shore" it is actually talked about a Borg virus! But that is actually the nanoprobe which is airborn! :look::frusty:

Well... I've always wondered why the Borg didn't just transport people from other ships to their own. I mean, the borg cube has certainly enough firepower to takedown the shields and transport the whole crew and assimilate them and then assimilate the technology later.

284409[/snapback]

In the games Armada and Armada II there is a Borg ship called Assimilator which does exactly that! :look: It has a beam then locked on a target it instanteniously transport people from that target and into the Assimilator there they at once are assimilated!!! :hug:

:look:

Yep.... I remember... It damages the ship's systems after you take down their shields with torpedoes. After that, you take out their crew and you get the ship....

In fact, the borg did experiment with nano-viruses to infect humans which would had a 10 year incubation period.

In the episode 5x15 dark frontier, the borg queen assigns the task to create the biological weapon to seven of nine who flatly refuses.. the biological weapon was going to be specifically designed to infect the humans which would facilitate assimilation over a period of time, since direct frontal assaults on the UFP had proven ineffective twice. (BOBW and STFC)

In fact, the borg did experiment with nano-viruses to infect humans which would had a 10 year incubation period.

In the episode  5x15 dark frontier, the borg queen assigns the task to create the biological weapon to seven of nine who flatly refuses..  the biological weapon was going to be specifically designed to infect the humans which would facilitate assimilation over a period of time, since direct frontal assaults on the UFP had proven ineffective twice. (BOBW and STFC)

284892[/snapback]

I think that was more of a ploy to reassimilate 7 of 9. You do have a point however.