post-812-1101496664_thumb.jpg

Click For Spoiler
post-812-1101520735.gif

.::Plug::.

“Plug” is a short film about a futuristic society in which people live their entire lives plugged into electronic dream machines. It follows the story of one individual who suddenly finds himself in the real world and must now choose between the artificial comforts of his electronic dreamland and the difficulties and rewards of facing reality.

Official Site: http://www.plugworks.com/

Edited by DrWho42

Interesting. It sounds like The Matrix.

Edited by Odie

To quote Scott Evil: [pretends to sneeze] Ripoff.

Sounds cool, but he plot seems to far too similar to The Matrix to ever be taken seriously.

It sounds like no one even bothered to watch this short film... :laugh: :laugh:

It was shown a numerous film festivals, won four awards, and received good reviews by some critics. :waaaa:

To see this film, you need to do was to click on the URL, shown below...

.::Plug::.

283921[/snapback]

Then to your left-side of the screen, should be this button...

post-812-1101558611.gif

This should be the button that you'd like to push, if you'd like to perceive this photoplay.

Very like The Matrix. Is it animated??

283957[/snapback]

Yes. Seems like a style of animation akin to that used in the 1982 film of “Tron”.
Click For Spoiler
post-812-1101562535.gif

The film is a computer animation/live action hybrid which combines “Anime” style character designs with natural human movement.  The process relies on live-action actors who performed the entire film in front of a blue screen.  Since there were no props or anything else on the stage, lighting was used to establish the space and directionality of the fictional world.  Once the live-action shots were assembled into an approximation of the final product, every frame was digitally scanned and then modified with computers to make the live-action actors look like hand-drawn cartoon characters.  These modified images were composited with computer animated backgrounds and props, digitally compressed into an anamorphic 2.35 aspect ratio, and then recorded back to film.

To quote Scott Evil: [pretends to sneeze] Ripoff.

Sounds cool, but he plot seems to far too similar to The Matrix to ever be taken seriously.?

283980[/snapback]

Contrary to what many people have said, this short film was NOT inspired by “The Matrix”.

Instead, it was inspired by the story of “

The Machine Stops”, written by E.M. Forster, published in 1909. :cool1:
Click For Spoiler
c1371.jpg
post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Ok, I stand corrected. I see it predates the matrix in both original creation and inspiration. I watched it, it was alright. The only thing I don't get is why they were plugged in? What does it accomplish? Is it for power like the Matrix or for stricitly entertainment?

However, I still don't think it would ever be accepted by the general public due to the mainstream popularity of the Matrix and the undeniable similarities between the two (despite the fact that The Matrix is the copy).