Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Villains

If you look at the first four Star Trek films have you ever noticed that two of them do not contain a ‘villain’ in as such. I am referring to ST 1 and 4. Do you think that the modern films could have done with this diversity rather than presenting a new antagonist every few years?

It's something I think I'd like to see again, a little diversity is always good. However I don't think it would really work now, a lot of audiences need an enemy, someone to boo.

The Wrath Of Khan had a decent villain, but that horrible mullet he had? and that stupid "Starfleet Medallion" he wore around his neck was ridiculous. Plus, the actions of his followers were ridiculous.

Blond Follower: "Sire, we have a ship, we can do whatever we please, lets just live our own lives peacefully and happy"

Khan: "No, I want to find Kirk, and probably die doing it, cuz he's rock hard and I've been sitting on a desert planet for 15 years with no access to a starship, no experience commanding an advanced space vessel, and a lack of real knowledge about this Genesis thing we are carrying. In fact, the only thing I will really do is quote from Moby D!ck"

Blond Follower: "Uhh.....but sire, you do realise that Kirk is not a giant white sperm whale right?"

Khan: "But he killed my wife!!!!!"

Blond Follower: "Well, actually, he didn't. That weird worm slug thing did it, and besides when he left us on that planet, I don't remember you ever saying to him "Yeah, don't forget to check up on us, cuz I may get scared living on that planet".

Khan: "SILENCE!!!!!!!!!"

:assimilated: :unsure: :blink:

Edited by The King

The Wrath Of Khan had a decent villain, but that horrible mullet he had? and that stupid "Starfleet Medallion" he wore around his neck was ridiculous. Plus, the actions of his followers were ridiculous.

Blond Follower: "Sire, we have a ship, we can do whatever we please, lets just live our own lives peacefully and happy"

Khan: "No, I want to find Kirk, and probably die doing it, cuz he's rock hard and I've been sitting on a desert planet for 15 years with no access to a starship, no experience commanding an advanced space vessel, and a lack of real knowledge about this Genesis thing we are carrying. In fact, the only thing I will really do is quote from Moby D!ck"

Blond Follower: "Uhh.....but sire, you do realise that Kirk is not a giant white sperm whale right?"

Khan: "But he killed my wife!!!!!"

Blond Follower: "Well, actually, he didn't. That weird worm slug thing did it, and besides when he left us on that planet, I don't remember you ever saying to him "Yeah, don't forget to check up on us, cuz I may get scared living on that planet".

Khan: "SILENCE!!!!!!!!!"

:assimilated:  :unsure:  :blink:

283868[/snapback]

Yeah that's great, but the topic is whether you think the modern Trek films could do with a plot where there is no main "antagonist", as was done in Star Trek 1 and 4?

Yeah that's great, but the topic is whether you think the modern Trek films could do with a plot where there is no main "antagonist", as was done in Star Trek 1 and 4?

Yes, I am aware of that.

It was just a little "Star Trek Villain-Related Humour"

But to answer your question...uh....Mr Malfunction.

I think that anything that might improve upon the recently pathetic Star Trek movies should be considered. If that means no specific villain, then they should try that.

:assimilated: