Sign in to follow this  
adm. stickler

now heres a question

ok we know that there is a system for getting rid of destrutive the worst thing that can happen is a thunderstorm but what about earth quakes and volcanoes? hmm? that is a question

:) :) :) :wow: :huh: :) B) :) :laugh: B) :) :) B)

I believe adm.stickler is referring to the enviromental controls that are used on planets (Risa comes to mind immediately).

I believe adm.stickler is referring to the enviromental controls that are used on planets (Risa comes to mind immediately).

Oh yeah, I understand now, that makes sense, thank you Takara. :)

I have wondered how/if they control Earthquakes and volcanoes on Earth of Trek's time. I don’t have any idea about how they control Earthquakes (I’ll keep thinking about that one) but I have a theory about how they might control volcanoes, using explosives to open a festering one up to relieve the pressure (might prevent it from exploding so violently.) I wonder if that could be possible (or wise) even in this day and age.

With transporter technology mayber the just dematerialize the magma completely or in part to relieve the pressure from volcanoes that are nearing an eruption. (No magma = no eruption)

With transporter technology mayber the just dematerialize the magma completely or in part to relieve the pressure from volcanoes that are nearing an eruption.  (No magma = no eruption)

why not, scotty could move tons of water in stiv, so not a bad theory, too bad they couldnt do something like that now. good thinking.

don't they have a dome around earth that protects and controls stuff..maybe I'm just imagining.

don't they have a dome around earth that protects and controls stuff..maybe I'm just imagining.

Not that I remember, however they have a network of weather controls like we saw in "Sub Rosa"...I am pretty sure that the same system is used on earth. since in "True-Q" they were trying to fiugre out how the tornado formed that claimed the lives of Amanda's parents on Earth(until Q enlightened them, that it was the Q so many years ago)

I disagree. How are we going to terraform other worlds if we can't control our own? The first step will be for us to get the global warming fixed. That might teach us a lot about how we might be able to make Venus more habitable.

Yeah, we'll probably make some big mistakes, but we have to learn in order to grow as a species. And it will probably be a lot easier to make our own system's planets habitable than it will be to realistically travel to other star systems.

I disagree.  How are we going to terraform other worlds if we can't control our own?  The first step will be for us to get the global warming fixed.  That might teach us a lot about how we might be able to make Venus more habitable. 

Yeah, we'll probably make some big mistakes, but we have to learn in order to grow as a species.  And it will probably be a lot easier to make our own system's planets habitable than it will be to realistically travel to other star systems.

I've heard that we might be moving into the ice age. :martok:

Anyways, what my point is, we are too primitive and there is too much at stake on this planet to go messing with nature. Maybe in a few hundred years when we become technologically advanced enough, we might, but for now, I think an attempt to control nature could backfire drastically.