Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Spongebob Squarepants - The Movie

My daughter has been waiting for a year for this movie - ever since she saw it announced on Nickelodeon.com - and now today is the day. We're off to see the Spongebob movie this afternoon. This is only the second time I've gone to a movie on opening day - the other was Star Trek Nemesis.

I'm thinking of seeing either this movie or Seed of Chucky on sunday...

This movie looks funny. I've always loved the show.

I er, we've noticed none of the previews for it feature Squidward, is he even in it? Or, is his absence from the previews because of his importance to the plot? That's what I'm guessing.

I er, we've noticed none of the previews for it feature Squidward, is he even in it? Or, is his absence from the previews because of his importance to the plot? That's what I'm guessing.

282249[/snapback]

Squidward's in it but not enough. Sandy is hardly in it as well. It's sort of a Spongebob/Patrick road movie in a way.

Honestly, I detest Spongebob. I think it has to do with one drunken Sunday in LA playing dodgeball with a bunch of drunk punks. During half-time, they watch Spongebob! I've never been more scared in my life.

I think that Spongebob is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. I'm not going to tell kids not to see it, because it's something that makes kids happy. But if adults go see it (without their own kids present) I'm going to have to make a Scooby Doo sound.

And Nickelodeon dropped Invader Zim. They should make a Zim movie! They'd make more money, that's for sure...

Nothing could keep us from going to see this movie! We'll use Sam as an excuse because he's 5 years old, but really it's my husband and me that want to see it.

Glad to hear you liked it, Takara. I hate to spend money at the theatre and walk away ticked off because we didn't wait to rent the movie.

We're going on Wednesday ... school's out for the holiday starting on that day. Woo hoo!