Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Saturn Awards

Saturn Awards

Enterprise was shut out last night at the 29th Annual Saturn Awards, despite having earned four nominations.

The Star Trek franchise took home only one award last night of its ten nominations: Best DVD Television Release for Star Trek: The Next Generation. That series' latest feature offering, Star Trek: Nemesis, lost Best Science Fiction Film to Minority Report and Best Supporting Actor for Tom Hardy (Shinzon) to The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers' Andy Serkis (Gollum).

Nemesis costume designer Bob Ringwood and makeup designer Michael Westmore were also nominated for awards, but an early news item at Sci-Fi Wire did not have the results of those competitions and the Saturn Awards web site had not been updated as of this posting.

Enterprise had earned nominations in television categories for Best Network Series, won by Alias; Best Actor for Scott Bakula, won by Angel's David Boreanaz; Best Supporting Actress for Jolene Blalock, won by Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Alyson Hannigan; and Best Supporting Actor for Connor Trinneer, won by Alias' Victor Garber.

The Director's Edition of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan had received a nomination for Best Classic DVD Release but was beaten by E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial.

Director Steven Spielberg was present to pick up his awards for that film, as Best Director for Minority Report and for Best Single TV Program Presentation for the miniseries Steven Spielberg Presents: Taken.

More awards can be found at Sci-Fi Wire, though this is not a complete list.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/190503_02.shtml

How do you feel about the fact that ENT won no awards?

Or does it not deserve it?

TNG DVDs won Best DVD Television Release!

Do you think DS9 will also win this in the future?

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Well I’m not at all surprised about TNG. The TNG sets are really good! I have been enjoyed watching all the episodes and watching the behind the scenes. When you look at the whole set (all seven seasons) I think you can really see the quality they are. To the DVD menus, the actual episodes, behind the scenes, . . . . .

For ENT I admit that I have seen less then half of the show. The episodes that I have seen however don’t seem that great. There are probably some great episodes out they have, but like I said I have not see that much of the show. I do think that the show needs some better written episodes. I really hope that happens and all this talk about ENT’s “new direction” sometimes gets me worried. There are of course some good things to this “new direction” that sounds ok, but I hope that this series does not steer away too much from the main principals of what ST is. I hope that this new episode that is on later today is good because that seems to be the “new direction”. When the show does (I’m assuming and hoping that it does) gets some better written episodes, then and only I think the show will get any awards from something like this.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

i actually think enterprise is the second best trek show ever. next only to tng. this one is great. i watch it every week. i cnat wait til tonights episode but thats kind of off topic.

Sign in to follow this