Sign in to follow this  

Briar Patch

Spoiler

Sorry I am not sure how to hid my question in the click for spolier thing the other posters do.

Is the Briar Patch mentioned in The Augments the same Briar Patch in Star Trek Insurrection?

Thanks

BAC

Given that there were references to the same Kahn/Botany Bay and the same Data-esque life that we are familiar with I don't see why the writers would intend that the reference to more modern Trek would be different.

However, according to an unofficial map I saw, the Briar Patch in Insurrection is on the opposite side of the Federation as the Klingon Empire is.

Given that there were references to the same Kahn/Botany Bay and the same Data-esque life that we are familiar with I don't see why the writers would intend that the reference to more modern Trek would be different.

However, according to an unofficial map I saw, the Briar Patch in Insurrection is on the opposite side of the Federation as the Klingon Empire is.

280631[/snapback]

In "Star Trek, Star Charts: The Complete Atlas of Star Trek" by Geoffrey Mandel Orion, the Briar Patch, and the Klingon Empire are in the same general area, and as far as I know, being a licensed reference book from pocket books, thats as close to official as we can get.

(and yes they have some 'historical' maps from Archer's time)

I thought giving that area of space a new name was a good move on the writers part. Clever :yes: