Sign in to follow this  
Zengo

What was the point of the grudge?![SPOILERS]

Click For Spoiler
Okay,So I saw the movie "The grudge" today.I had no idea what was going on.Why did the woman and the kid kill everyone who came to the house?why was the undead women at that aparment complex?Who cut off her jaw?Where does the kid fit into all this?And towards the begining of the movie they show this big cloudy,ghost thingy,who was that?

And:

Click For Spoiler
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :frusty:

I saw the Japanese version. The American version is just a rip off of the real version. I haven't actually seen the American version of the Grudge but I heard that the Japanese version was better. I think the Japanese would be better cause its the original and not changed and replaced.

I loved The Grudge. It was stylish, atmospheric and very intriguing. I can explain the story as follows...

Click For Spoiler
There was a married Chinese lady and she lived in a house with her son and her husband. She was madly and obsessively in love with her American lecturer and followed him around everywhere he went. He was married and never knew she existed, though she wrote him love letters and followed him everywhere. Eventually her husband finds out and in a rage, kills her, their son and himself. As a result a Chinese curse is born and the lady and her innocent son who both died in terror are destined to haunt the family home and the lives of anyone who touch it. The American lecturer is forced to jump from his balcony by the ghost, and he dies.

A while later, an American family move into the house: a man, his wife, and his mother. The man's sister lives nearby. The man's wife is killed by the lady's ghost, and then when he comes home one night, he is also killed. His sister is also killed in her apartment (she gets sucked into her bed). His mother is very ill and is spared for the moment. When her home help comes round from a care centre, she is attacked by the ghost of the lady and she rips her jaw off. She goes missing for a while so another carer is sent (Sarah Michelle Gellar). She comes round and see's the boy's ghost etc. The mother is then kinned but SMG managed to get away. Her boss form the Care Centre is killed.

A police man soon investigates and tells SMG of how his three workmates were killed by the curse while investigating the original murders. He goes to burn the house down and ened the curse but the ghost kills him forst. SMG's boyfriend thinks she is at the house and goes there. She follows. The ghost kills him and so SMG decides to burn the house herself. In the end, she manages to survive, but so does the house and hence the ghost and the curse.... woooooo!!!!!

It is shot out of sequence like Pulp Fiction. And has some bizarre elemnets, but hey. Who wants a boring old straight forward storyline with a few visuals thrown in. Where is the artisitc value in that...