1. 1. My Favorite Season of TNG Is

• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5
    • Season 6
    • Season 7

Which season was your favorite in this series and why is it?

my favorite season will always be the second season. It had some of the best episodes in all of the series. It first introduced the Borg and it also had Dr. Pulaski, one of the best characters that has ever been on Star Trek. My favorite episodes from season two are:

The Child

Elementary, Dear Data

The Outrageous Okona

The Schizoid Man

A Matter of Honor

The Measure of a Man

The Royale

Time Squared

The Icarus Factor

Q Who?

Samaritan Snare

my other favorite seasons would be Season 3, Season 5 and Season 4 in that order.

Edited by Gamera

I can't choose. I can't name my 10 favourite episodes because there are too many to choose from and I can't pick a favourite season because they were all great. This is more difficult than trying to decide what type of chocolate is the best.

I'd have to say Season 5, I think TNG started really slowly with season's 1 and 2. Picked up with season 3, hit it's stride with season 4 and peaked in Season 5. Season 6 was a good follow up to season 5 and season 7 was adequate but could have been better.

I think for TNG Season's 6 and 7 weren't as "top quality" creatively because a lot of writing talent went into developing DS9, and for me as a Niner I think DS9 started strong and got stronger with each and every season with the peak coming in Season 6's In The Pale Moon Light and Season 7 ended the series perfectly.

It's very hard to choose, TNG was the best series and thus has the best seasons. All of them were so good but I think maybe at a pinch season six might get it, it's very difficult to choose though.

I voted for Season 5. It contains my all-time favourite episode: Cause and Effect. This season also has two of TNGs finest with Darmok and The Inner Light. Some other notable eps from season 5 (for me) include:

-Disaster

-The Game

-Conundrum

-Power Play (I think one of the first eps I've ever seen)

-I, Borg

-The Next Phase

There are also many other classics in that season but I don't consider them favourites.

As for your point on season 7 VBG, I've believe I read that Braga was disappointed with it and it was because Braga and Moore focussed on writing Star Trek Generations instead of the season, but your point about DS9 is true as well. I believe Michael Piller had moved on to DS9 by that time.

I voted for season 7 because thats when i started watching TNG,i have seen a lot of episodes from other seasons but i am not sure which seasons they are from but i do remember most of season 7.

If you do actually want to know which season they're from Debbie, check out www.startrek.com.

The first season will always be special for two reasons:

(1) Its the season I first became a Trek fan...

(2) Denise Crosby was still on the show.

Season 7 was the best in a show that progressively got better as it went along, kinda like Babylon-5.