Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

INSURRECTION

i just watched INSURRECTION again for the first time in at least a few years, WOW, it was better than i remembered, not as good as first contact, but none the less a good movie. all the discussions here at startrekfans.net have made me really get into the movies again, and i've even been watching TNG on tnn. so what do you all think of INSURRECTION? let me know, im curious. cant wait to get NEMESIS tomorrow.

INS is my fave movie of them all.. I can't really explain it but I love this one more than the others..

I love the colar scene... :laugh:

I have seen INS probably 6 or 7 times and it has definately grown on me. I like it more and more every time I see it. The first time I saw it, I liked it, but didn't think it was great. That scene where Riker is in command and they scoop up the gasses or whatever and he's looking all tough and says something about "we're going to ram it down their throats" and that woman sitting there at the helm gives him this sexy look like he's so amazing. Anyway, that bugged me then and still cracks me up a little. Overall, though, its a good movie. In my oppinion, though, First Contact in the best of all the Trek movies.

i liked the riker/troi scenes they had some good humor going on. so seeing that again leading into nemesis, the wedding with them two was the perfect step to take.

I liked Insurrection. It's number 3 on my list after Nemesis and First Contact though. There were a few things in it that I would have liked to have changed but overall I enjoyed it.

I liked Insurrection.  It's number 3 on my list after Nemesis and First Contact though.  There were a few things in it that I would have liked to have changed but overall I enjoyed it.

Same here!

At first I didn't like INS at all, but after watching a couple of times it's getting better and better. But IMO FC and Nemesis are still better..

Insurrection was really good but it falls third on my list of TNG movies behind Nemesis and First Contact. The more I watch it the more I like it (this has been true with all of the next gen films). The only thing that I can really fualt Insurrection on is that it felt less like a movie and more like a 2 hour episode. As a movie it seemed sub par, however if it had been a 2 part episode I think it could have been one of the best. I didn't care for the villian, Ru'afo, very much either, he was no Shinzon. In diffence of Insurrection however I would say that Picard was as awesome as ever and I thought that the romance between him and Anij was very well played. As far as Trek movies go I give Insurrection a 7 out of 10.

Guest Ktrek

When I saw this movie at the theaters the first thing that stuck out to me during the opening sequence was how beautiful the Jerry Goldsmith score was. I enjoyed the movie overall but did not really LOVE the movie. Of course being the Trekker that I am I had to buy it when it came out on DVD. Having seen the movie 6 or 7 times now I have come to appreciate it much more than I did upon first viewing. It's not the strongest Star Trek film but it's up there in the top 10 :innocent: LOL.... I kill myself!..... Anyway, if you didn't like this movie at first viewing I suggest giving it a chance and revisiting it. It has all the classic Star Trek elements.

Ktrek

When I saw this movie at the theaters the first thing that stuck out to me during the opening sequence was how beautiful the Jerry Goldsmith score was. I enjoyed the movie overall but did not really LOVE the movie. Of course being the Trekker that I am I had to buy it when it came out on DVD. Having seen the movie 6 or 7 times now I have come to appreciate it much more than I did upon first viewing. It's not the strongest Star Trek film but it's up there in the top 10  :) LOL.... I kill myself!..... Anyway, if you didn't like this movie at first viewing I suggest giving it a chance and revisiting it. It has all the classic Star Trek elements.

Ktrek

yes, im with him, the more you watch it the better it gets.

I liked Insurrection.  It's number 3 on my list after Nemesis and First Contact though.  There were a few things in it that I would have liked to have changed but overall I enjoyed it.

Same here!

ditto!

I guess I fall right into what everyone is saying. The first time I saw it I just thought that it was just ok, but the more I see it the more I think it’s not that bad. It might have be lacking some things, but overall I think it’s good. I think if the movie was just expanded on a just a bit making it a bit longer and expanding on the human equation, then I think it would have made a lot more people like it (and for most of us it might have made us like it the first time). However, contrary to the majority here I think that this movie is better then ST10.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I usually rate Insurrection 6.9 out of 10. It's not bad but the story had a few plot holes. But of course very few stories these days dont. The FX were not that well dome IMO also. It's better than ST V. That's not a huge accomplishment.

I usually rate Insurrection 6.9 out of 10.  It's not bad but the story had a few plot holes. But of course very few stories these days dont.  The FX were not that well dome IMO also.  It's better than ST V.  That's not a huge accomplishment.

I agree but I would ad that is was also much better then Generations as well.

I thought INS felt too much like an episode on the big screen but with repeated viewing it’s true Trek nature found it’s way into my skull and I accept it now as a fine film. Whenever I re-watch it, the two things’ that still stick in my craw (whatever that is) about it are

1. The underwater Data scene, how cheap could they get?

2. I always roll my eyes when Roalfo says "Kill everything" and then we see these puny little explosions in the city.

I liked it, but FC was of course better. It did have some good things, but i never understood why Data would have removed his chip for this mission. that never made sense to me.

I basically have the same opinion everyone else does, the more I se it, the more I like it. Its second on my list, although ties with nemesis, after first contact. I was just reading these old reviews for it on the web, and everyone hated it. one place gave it a 2 out of 10, I think, with ten being the best! I mean, I don't love it as much as FC, but it wasn't that bad was it?

No, Insurrection was not that bad...it definately DID NOT deserve to get a measly 2 out of 10.....

and Lessa, I agree...I will never understand the part about removing the emotion chip. Just doesn't seem to make any sense to me...