Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

The Undiscovered Country

03.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

So anyway. Sulu is in command of the lovely Excelsior and is flying through space when a shock wave hits. It turns out that the Klingon moon Praxis has just exploded. Then Kirk and co go to a meeting at Star Fleet Command where Spock gives a lecture on the Klingons and how they need help cause their o-zone is all messed up due to the disaster. Kirk and co jump into the Enterprise with a new crew member Lt Valeris who is Samantha "i like sex" from Sex and the City, all Vulcan-ified. They go to meet a Klingon ship containing the Chancellor Gorkon, and they all eat on the Enterprise and get pissed and start to slag each other off. A torpedo seems to zip from the Enterprise and hits the Klingon ship, followed by another. Before you know it, 2 Enterprise crewmembers beam over and assassinate Gorkon. Kirk and McCoy beam over and after Gorkon dies they are arrested. Gorkon's daughter becomes the new Chancellor whichjis strange as she wasn't voted or anything. Chang, Gorkon's tough sea-dog friend, is also a general and wants Kirk and McCoy to go down for it big time. After a bad trial where Kirk and McCoy are represened by colonel Worf (v good!) the two get sentenced to Rura Penthe, as featured on Enterprise. They have a hard time here. Meanwhile, back on the Enterprise the search is on for the killers. Spock can track Kirk and with the help of a changling alien, McCoy and Kirk escape. Spock beams them off and after the killers are killed, they find out by a ruse, that Valeris is part of a plot to keep the Klingons at bay. They go to the peace conference and save the Fed Prsident's life. Chang battles them on the way but gets blown up. It turns out his ship can fire when cloaked and was behind the myterious torpedoes. Peace is restored and they all sail into space on a final cruise before retiring.

08.jpg

A great episode./ Politics, intrigue. Bad show down I thought. A little bit of the old wrestling between Kirk and Chang would have been good. Picard is definitely better at action sequences cause Stewart is far fitter.

I love This film, the acting, direction, set design, SFX and story all smooth and well put together.

The plot twist are nicely done and the action is balanced with the drama.

and I thought that the signing of at the end was a very nice touch.

all in all a very nice wrap for the TOS crew

I love This film, the acting, direction, set design, SFX and story all smooth and well put together.

The plot twist are nicely done and the action is balanced with the drama.

and I thought that the signing of at the end was a very nice touch.

all in all a very nice wrap for the TOS crew

I couldn't agree more. The TOS crew definitely had a good ending. It practicaly brought a tear to me eye. :laugh:

this is a great movie, and i agree, after seeing STV THE FINAL FRONTIER, i thought egh, what a way to end it, then they came out with VI THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY. now that was a great movie, and a great way to end the TOS run, i was a little disapointed in the passing of the torch though, i thought GENERATIONS couldve been a whole lot better. but me being me i still liked it.

but now you make me think of an interesting question, ill post a new topic on that.

It's amazing that I don't hate ST V as much as everyone else. VI is my favourite movie, but if V was given better production values, and had the script slightly rewritten, I think

ould've been worthwhile.

Move this to movies!!!!

It's a great Trek movie with the skills of George Takei very apparent.

03.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

So anyway. Sulu is in command of the lovely Excelsior and is flying through space when a shock wave hits. It turns out that the Klingon moon Praxis has just exploded. Then Kirk and co go to a meeting at Star Fleet Command where Spock gives a lecture on the Klingons and how they need help cause their o-zone is all messed up  due to the disaster. Kirk and co jump into the Enterprise with a new crew member Lt Valeris who is Samantha "i like sex" from Sex and the City, all Vulcan-ified. They go to meet a Klingon ship containing the Chancellor Gorkon, and they all eat on the Enterprise and get pissed and start to slag each other off. A torpedo seems to zip from the Enterprise and hits the Klingon ship, followed by another. Before you know it, 2 Enterprise crewmembers beam over and assassinate Gorkon. Kirk and McCoy beam over and after Gorkon dies they are arrested. Gorkon's daughter becomes the new Chancellor whichjis strange as she wasn't voted or anything. Chang, Gorkon's tough sea-dog friend, is also a general and wants Kirk and McCoy to go down for it big time. After a bad trial where Kirk and McCoy are represened by colonel Worf (v good!) the two get sentenced to Rura Penthe, as featured on Enterprise. They have a hard time here. Meanwhile, back on the Enterprise the search is on for the killers. Spock can track Kirk and with the help of a changling alien, McCoy and Kirk escape. Spock beams them off and after the killers are killed, they find out by a ruse, that Valeris is part of a plot to keep the Klingons at bay. They go to the peace conference and save the Fed Prsident's life. Chang battles them on the way but gets blown up. It turns out his ship can fire when cloaked and was behind the myterious torpedoes. Peace is restored and they all sail into space on a final cruise before retiring.

08.jpg

A great episode./ Politics, intrigue. Bad show down I thought. A little bit of the old wrestling between Kirk and Chang would have been good. Picard is definitely better at action sequences cause Stewart is far fitter.

:theforce: I agree It is a good one, keeps getting better every time I see it