Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Cold Station 12"?

What rating would you give "Cold Station 12" out of 10?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Cold Station 12" out of 10?

Very Good episode. A nice replay of TWOK. The Augments seem less intelligent than Khan and his followers though....

Overall an 8

Very Good episode. A nice replay of TWOK. The Augments seem less intelligent than Khan and his followers though....

Overall an 8

290120[/snapback]

It is probably not true that they were less intelligent. They were much younger. What you might be observing is the difference between older adults with experience and younger adults without

experience or perspective to mediate their decisions.

Click For Spoiler

To contrast this, in Space Seed, Khan tried to coerce and convince Kirk's well-trained crew to join him, because he knew their expertise was valuable to him, no matter who was 'superior.' He did not just kill on a whim.

Click For Spoiler
"Cold Station 12"

Well, here we are, six episodes into the final season of this wretched show and still I'm waiting for the great saviour Coto to deliver this "improvement" that I have heard ad nauseum. So little happened in this episode, this review will be relatively short (or "vertically challenged" for all you PC people).

After watching the second part of this three episode arc, I get the distinct feeling that it all could have been condensed into one episode instead of wasting three. I suppose Paramount just REALLY wanted their 100 episodes for syndication as quickly as possible so they could send this show to television hell where it belongs, so the reasonable Trek fans of the world could remove it from their memories and forget that it ever existed.

Anyway....onwards.....

Smike, the Forrest Gump of the Augments. What was the point of this moron? He was introduced, walked around for a little bit and then was shot. WOW!!!! What a character!!!! His on screen life lasted about 32 minutes. Why should anyone give a crap about this pathetic character???

Dr Jeremy Lucas. I had to laugh when I saw this guy. He was played by the same actor who played the fat lecherous lawyer in Ally McBeal. The one who Ally worked for before he grabbed her butt. Then he pretended he had a compulsion to grab people's rears to protect himself against her lawsuit. Can't blame him though. Back then Calista Flockhart was lovely and she had beautiful legs. I would have done the same thing to her. She was nice before she decided to boycott food. Casting this guy with his ridiculous moustachio was a big mistake. It rendered the character comical.

T'Pol. When I see her, I can't decide whether I want to rip her jumpsuit off, throw her on the floor and do my bit for erm...."Human / Vulcan Relations", or toss her out of an airlock for being such a crap character and a terrible actress. I'm tempted to give this episode a rating of "two" just for her chest. But I won't.

Once again, another episode goes by where aside from Phlox and Archer, the rest of the crew are manniquins. Probably the best thing really since most of the cast of characters from ENT are completely worthless.

I must admit, it was personally satisifying for me to look at sets which I now know no longer exist on the Paramount stages, except for fading outlines on the floor. Hilarious.

In closing, this has been a terrible episode. This whole storyline does not as yet justify a three episode arc. One maybe two episodes perhaps would have sufficed.

Luckily for all you ENT fans, Brent Spiner was the best thing in the episode. Be thankful for that, because he alone has earned the point I will give this episode. If it weren't for him, I would have given it a zero.

Overall, I give this episode a rating of 1.

Dr Jeremy Lucas. I had to laugh when I saw this guy. He was played by the same actor who played the fat lecherous lawyer in Ally McBeal. The one who Ally worked for before he grabbed her butt. Then he pretended he had a compulsion to grab people's rears to protect himself against her lawsuit. Can't blame him though. Back then Calista Flockhart was lovely and she had beautiful legs. I would have done the same thing to her. She was nice before she decided to boycott food. Casting this guy with his ridiculous moustachio was a big mistake. It rendered the character comical.

[/b]

318549[/snapback]

I didn't watch Ally McBeal but I wasn't very impressed with Richard Riehle's performance at times myself. He was much better in TNG's The Inner Light when he played Batai.

I thought Richard Riehle was an odd casting choice. Just because in Dear Doctor, the voice of Lucas sounded like he was African-American. I'm not trying to sound racist but there is a certain quality to African-American voices that I thought was present. Oh well, not a big deal.

10 - Best episode of the arc, it was great to finally see Dr Phlox's friends who you might notice that the guy who played Dr Lucas also played Seamus in the Voyager episode's Fair Haven and Spirit Folk.

Even know it was obvious that archer would save the day, it was still annoying to have to wait a week to find out how.

Excellent Stuff

Edited by trek_dude

Sign in to follow this