Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

A bird an its owner

My girlfriend's youngest sister just got a parakeet for her birthday, but knowing her, the poor thing will die of a heart-attack within a week. (My g/f's youngest sister is hyper beyond the help of ritalin.) I'm hoping that I can help the bird get used to living in this psycho-house, and maybe even train it, but I'm not sure what to do.

Any suggestions?

Wishfire, I am a bird lover who has had many parakeets, cockatiels and parrots. A the present I own a small parrot, that I call Seven...........named of course after Seven of 9........Anyway, parakeets like most birds from the parrot family are very smart. They can be tamed, taught all kinds of tricks. The males can even learn to talk.....Their little voices are not strong like the larger birds........but they can be understood.......They are affectionate, and can become very attached to their owners...........They can live up to 10 years, if well taken care of. Baby parakeets can be tamed very easily.......But my advice to you, is to go to a large pet shop, where there is lots of information about pets, and get a book about parakeets.......Because, you also need to know about the kind of environment and foods to keep it healthy....If I can be of further help you can always send me a personal message.....Good luck :flex:

Wishfire, I am a bird lover who has had many parakeets, cockatiels and parrots.  A the present I own a small parrot, that I call Seven...........named of course after Seven of 9........Anyway, parakeets like most birds from the parrot family are very smart.  They can be tamed, taught all kinds of tricks.  The males can even learn to talk.....Their little voices are not strong like the larger birds........but they can be understood.......They are affectionate, and can become very attached to their owners...........They can live up to 10 years, if well taken care of.  Baby parakeets can be tamed very easily.......But my advice to you, is to go to a large pet shop, where there is lots of information about pets, and get a book about parakeets.......Because, you also need to know  about the kind of environment and foods to keep it healthy....If I can be of further help you can always  send me a personal message.....Good luck :flex:

277355[/snapback]

(just toneing down ya size)

I'm a bird owner. 2 six year old Budgerigars who put up my hyperness :flex: One of them lives with my and the other lives at my nana's they're cute lil things! (cant find a pic of both of them but here is the budgie that lives with me - he's called Dinky and is a boy)

Click For Spoiler

post-864-1099596390_thumb.jpg

Anyway they puyt up with my hyperness and madness and erm..me so I the parakeet could be fine (depends who'se more hyper though hehe )

Well,I have no clue how hyper you are, but this little girl is psycho hyper.

I'm thinking that I'm going to have to rescue the bird. Only a couple days, and she's already neglegting the poor thing! She let him run out of water, and I replaced it. I don't want to see the little critter die.

I have two cockatiels named Cocktail (because he is Pearled) and Chablis (because he is Latino). Unfortunately, we have to keep them locked in their cage all the time or else the dogs will attack them. Poor things! They have survived through dogs and the move halfway across America though, so they are hardy little things.

the bird that lives with me has moved house 3 times and when me and my mom go away it goes to stay with my nana and my other budgie :rolleyes:

Click For Spoiler

post-864-1099751643.jpg

that's both of them together. Blue one is a boy who talks called Dinky :laugh: White one is a girl who don't talk called Dinky :hug: How original hehe. My mom had 2 budgies that were yellow both called Dinky!

Edited by Angel of Darkness