Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

Latinum

Ok, two questions: what forms does latinum come in, and in what order, from the least to greatest. All I can remember is slips, bars, and bricks.

Second question, what's the equivalency, like how many slips make a bar and how many bars make a brick? And, what is the value in US currency?

Anyone know these answers?

Well, there's Slips, Strips Half Bars, and Bars. I've never heard of Bricks, but I imagine it would come in Brick form. 100 slips is 1 strip, 10 strips is 1 Half Bar, and 2 Half Bars is I Bar. I've thought about w how much a Bar is in dollars, and I think it might be like $10,000.00, or something like that.

I got 2 Half Bars from The Las Vegas Hilton. They're pretty cool looking.

I hope this helps.

I think it might be a little less than Captain Holland's estimate, but somewhere in that ballpark.

Latinum is actually in liquid form. It is 'pressed' into gold bricks which hold the precious Latinum inside. Hence the term 'Gold pressed Latinum'. Morn once had all his Latinum stored in one of his stomachs on DS9. I think the episode was "Who Mourns for Morn" or something like that. Latinum cannot be replicated so is very sought after.