Sign in to follow this  
Tank

Nemesis DVD...

I thought you all might enjoy this review. These guys at DVD Talk are tough and if they like it it must be good!  :innocent:DVD Talk Review

Ktrek

cool link, they sure seemed to enjoy it. it was, is, a very good movie, cant wait to go get it.

I love teh movie Sneakers too!  ;)

The Nem...i'm waiting for someone to edit out certain scenes so i can watch it with out having a nervous break down.  :laugh:

Yeah...Like I PM'd Lessa about...

I watched the special features and well certain scenes are in it that us Soong Sisters kinda wish were editied out(well that is just me and Lessa talking, I am sure the other two: Takara and dsbs may add their comments soon). ;) I understand about the nervous breakdown... :innocent:

I haven't watched all of the special features yet but I'm the odd one out of the sisterhood - I LOVED Nemesis. I hated what happened with Data but I love the overall movie. It's my favourite of the bunch.

I haven't watched all of the special features yet but I'm the odd one out of the sisterhood - I LOVED Nemesis.  I hated what happened with Data but I love the overall movie.  It's my favourite of the bunch.

Sis, I didn't say I didn't like it. I really liked the movie, but just really hated the ending with a passion! It is ranked #2 behind FC without the ending, and #3 behind INS with the ending OK so those two might tie for #2 in this situation.

I loved all of the TNG movies, each had its weak points(well maybe not FC), but they all were varying levels of good or great in my mind.

I just finished watching all of the commentary and I have one question. How can you have commentary and not have one of the main characters comment on anything! What happened to Tom Hardy?! I saw him for a brief moment saying one line. I realize that I have a passion for Shinzon that no one else could (or would even want to) possibly understand, but did that bother anyone else? :)

I personally did not care for ST Nemesis that much, but knowing me I’ll probably buy it. However, I won’t buy it right away.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

i bought my copy today, and i got my copy of stiv only 6 more to go and then got'em all on dvd. damn it eats up the money fast, lol. :)

no but i rented it and watched it and the first time i saw it i thought it was okay. kinda lame.

but i watched it again and I LOVE THIS MOVIE! its actually a really good movie. i hope the special edition dvd is an extended directors cut to make it even better.

Meh..I was dismayed at the overall quality of the film and renting it would only fuel my resenment for paying to see it in the theatre..but I agree with what was said in an earlier post to wait till it's been "previoulsy viewed" and watch the special features..who's the new 2nd officer? just some guy?

I plan on getting my copy as soon as my dad's truck get's fixed! B)

Anywho, I knew they were gonna re-release the TOS movies as special editions, so I got the TNG movies on DVD and just kept my TOS movies on VHS. So, I'll only be rebuying the TNG movie-DVD's. :)

ill probably hold off with buying nemesis. i dont have a job and do not intend to get one until school has starting again after summer vacation, so im a bit strapped for cash. and i need to have enough money to buy Die Another Day when it comes out on DVD! :) I cant wait.

(And I can't wait for all the SE DVDs to come out. After the finish Insurrection SE, they will probably make a Nemesis SE.)

I went ahead and Got all TNG Movie DVDs. Because I want to watch them. Having Lots of Special Features and even Director's Cuts would be cool, but the main thing is watching the Movies :)

At Christmastime my Dad bought me the 9-DVD movie collection where the first three movies were the double-disk Special Editions. It's been fun having the whole collection.

I bought "Nemesis" the day it came out and we were all excited about it...the kids couldn't wait for the movie, so we did the Special Features after we watched the movie.

They should have left in the "alternate" ending...I felt it closed the movie much better than the ending they went with.

Not only that, but it introduces the new First Officer. By leaving it in, they would have avoided having to introduce him in the next movie.

Stingray

They should have left in the "alternate" ending...I felt it closed the movie much better than the ending they went with.

Not only that, but it introduces the new First Officer.  By leaving it in, they would have avoided having to introduce him in the next movie.

Stingray

I'm glad they didn't have that ending. I liked the theatrical version better. It also makes it so they are not tied down to using Madden as the new first officer in the next movie.

Not only that, but it introduces the new First Officer.  By leaving it in, they would have avoided having to introduce him in the next movie.

Stingray

I'm glad they didn't have that ending. I liked the theatrical version better. It also makes it so they are not tied down to using Madden as the new first officer in the next movie.

As much as I hated that certain section of the theatrical ending of Nemesis, I am glad they didn't keep the seatbelt scene and the ending with Madden....

Guest Ktrek

I liked the theatrical versions best. I wouldn't have objected to the introduction of Madden but it really didn't/wouldn't add to the movie. I was shocked though to see one of my favorite characters from JAG playing the new first officer. :)

Ktrek

Takara_Soong Posted on May 28 2003, 09:50 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Stingray63 @ May 28 2003, 03:16 AM)

Not only that, but it introduces the new First Officer. By leaving it in, they would have avoided having to introduce him in the next movie.

Stingray 

That's a good point, Takara...I hadn't thought about the commitment issue with Madden. I guess I liked him so much it never occurred to me. :)

Stingray

The way the theatrical version ends with Picard walking down the hall as the music starts to build made me leave the theater saying STAR TREK 11 STAR TREK 11!!! If they had kept the alternate ending in I might have left thinking... hmmm I guess thats it for them eh? There was just something very short and sweet about the way the film ended that I really liked a lot.

I've just been sent my Nemesis DVD as it has not been out all that long over here, and I must say that it is a good film. I realise that it has not overthrown ST2 as the best film, but I think that the quality and general feel shows that Trek is still of good quality no matter how many people went to the cinema.

I still hold to my believe that TNG is still the best cast to make the next film and beyond. Perhaps they could open the next film when the competition is less intense and when the majority of so called fans feel that they can be loyal to the franchise.

I still hold to my believe that TNG is still the best cast to make the next film and beyond.

:lol: <_< oh, I definately agree(espcially if Brent Spiner is involved with the next movie)!

Perhaps they could open the next film when the competition is less intense and when the majority of so called fans feel that they can be loyal to the franchise.
Oh, I also agree to this too, it would make a lot of sense to do this.

I still hold to my believe that TNG is still the best cast to make the next film and beyond.

:lol: <_< oh, I definately agree(espcially if Brent Spiner is involved with the next movie)!

Perhaps they could open the next film when the competition is less intense and when the majority of so called fans feel that they can be loyal to the franchise.

Well personally I am not a fan of Lord of the Rings and read of the books which was not my cup of tea so to speak. I prefer sci-fi or sci-fi/fantasy rather than mythological lands with trolls and all that rubbish.

I just got my Nemesis DVD this morning, because it just came out today in England. The deleted scenes are good, especially the last one, accept I don't like the seat belt gag. But I was expecting a few more deleted scenes because I’d heard about a few other online.

:laugh::laugh: oh, I definately agree(espcially if Brent Spiner is involved with the next movie)!

Well personally I am not a fan of Lord of the Rings and read of the books which was not my cup of tea so to speak. I prefer sci-fi or sci-fi/fantasy rather than mythological lands with trolls and all that rubbish.

Oh...I am actually a fan of both, but hey, to each their own...

It came out over here in the UK yesterday and i bought it on the way back home from work and watched it that night.

:laugh:

I finally watched it this morning.Hated it. :( The Romulans looked like sissy's compared to their previous appearances on Star Trek,and they were acting like good guys!I hate that!!!The Romulans are major villains! B) Their alliance with the UFP and Klingons during the Dominion War was one of necessity.They hate the Federation.I hope and pray Star Trek's powers-that-be do not reduce the already slimming ranks of the Federation's enemies by making the Romulans reformed ex-enemies.Who would be left?The Breen,the Tholians,and...? B)