Sign in to follow this  
Tank

Nemesis DVD...

As far as I know Nemesis is still set to be realesed to DVD/VHS next Tuesday. However a few days ago I went to a store called Second Spin here in LA and what did I find on the shelf? That's right NEMESIS! I asked the guy at the counter about it since I didn't think it was supposed to be realesed yet and he said that it had been on their shelf for 2 weeks already! As far as I can tell the whole thing is a fluke but I was wondering if anyone anywhere else has picked up a copy of it yet.

For anyone who is thinking about buying let me say that the special fetures are awesome! Though I do wish that they had included more of the deleted scenes the ones they did include for the most part were really good. With the exception of the alternate ending which I'm thankfull that they cut.

NEMESIS RULES!!! :innocent:

Our video store puts Tuesdays new releases out on the shelves on the Friday before, I will be able to rent a copy today.

With the exception of the alternate ending which I'm thankfull that they cut.

what alt ending? where they show that new first officer?

My husband will get it, but i am not ready to watch it yet.

Yeah you get to see the new first officer and there is this short little comical bit with Picards new captians chair having a seat belt. The whole scene was a bit cheesy and would have ruined the pass of the film. In my opinion at least.

It is already out in a store somewhere?! Damn, that is just NOT fair! I want to get that movie, however I will watch all but the ending...I don't think I will ever be ready to watch that ending EVER again!

Yeah you get to see the new first officer and there is this short little comical bit with Picards new captians chair having a seat belt. The whole scene was a bit cheesy and would have ruined the pass of the film. In my opinion at least.

Doesnt feel right to me to have "comedy" at the end of the film where Data...can't say it. Anyways, the crew DID seem to get over it pretty fast, so maybe the ending would have been appropriate :laugh:

Doesnt feel right to me to have "comedy" at the end of the film where Data...can't say it. Anyways, the crew DID seem to get over it pretty fast, so maybe the ending would have been appropriate :laugh:

I agree, the crew seemed way too....grrr...unemotional! I mean I was devastated when one of my best friend's passed away(in a car accident), and I knew him for only around 4 1/2 years! These people knew Data for around 15 years, grrrr....I guess I will always be irked at their reaction, or lack thereof!!

Seeing as the end of the movie was set with the Enterprise-E allready in space dock, undergoing repairs, I figured that it was a good week or so later. So, why would everyone be moping arround crying? Granted, they'd still be morning, but... I wouldn't want the end of the movie to have everyone crying, too depressing.

Seeing as the end of the movie was set with the Enterprise-E allready in space dock, undergoing repairs, I figured that it was a good week or so later.  So, why would everyone be moping arround crying?  Granted, they'd still be morning, but...  I wouldn't want the end of the movie to have everyone crying, too depressing.

It is not that I want to see them all crying and moping around(so to speak), they all just seemed to me(and apparently others) like nothing had happened, and that you would walk onto the bridge and find him there at his post as usual(or somewhere about space dock, with his friends). They just seemed way TOO devoid of emotion(well, except for Troi maybe...)

Guest Ktrek

You all seem to forget that Roddenberry believed that by that time humans would accept death as part of our existence and mourning would no longer be necessary. After all it is his universe Star Trek is patterning itself after not ours.

Ktrek

You all seem to forget that Roddenberry believed that by that time humans would accept death as part of our existence and mourning would no longer be necessary. After all it is his universe Star Trek is patterning itself after not ours.

Ktrek

I see your point. Thinking back now there wasn't a great outpouring of emotion when Tasha died.

K'Trek, I don't see any evidence of that in Trek. Any time a major character has died, there's been a great deal of morning.

What I do think, however, is that by the 23rd and 24th century, people had learned to morn and move on with life at the same time.

Personally, I didn't see any void of emotion. Remember the goodbye seen between Picard and Riker? You could deffinately tell that was hard. What about the scene between Picard and B4? You could see that Picard was frustrated that B4 didn't understand, then the glee on his face when he saw that B4 had accessed one of Data's memories.

Guest Ktrek

The only thing I can refer you to is the TNG DVD set special features where, I think it's Michael Pillar, talks about Roddenbbery's thoughts on the episode "The Bonding" from season three. He made pretty clear Roddenberry's ideas on the subject on the acceptance of death.

Ktrek

I think that the crew showed a good level of emotion considering. Data may have been one of their dearest friends but he was also a starfleet officer and that's a dangerous job to have. After years and years of explororing the galaxy and having people who you respect and serve with die on a fairly reguler basis I imagine that you would become some what shut off to your emotions when it came to the death of another.

Think about when Spock died, less then a day after his death Kirk was happier then he had been in years. What was it he said? "I feel young as when the world was new."

It also has been a common theme in the next generation to celebrate life in honor of those who have past away rather then morn their deaths. Remember how broken up everyone was when they thought Geordi and Row and died?

I think Nemesis did as good a job as it could to show everyones emotions without having to make the movie longer(which I do wish they had done.)

I watched the film again yesterday and imo, the S.F. are only ok. All of the documentaries were little pieces out of a single larger work. I also have a gripe with the Directors Commentary, he really don’t say anything that's not common knowledge and his voice is very irritating to me, he was whispering in that kind of voice people use to talk in a theater during a movie, often he could not be understood over the sound of the film, very annoying to try and listen to.

They had better come out with a special edition! I think I'm going to rent, not buy :rolleyes:

Me too. In the 24 hours I was in possession of the rental we watched it everything on the disk including the film twice. I have gotten my fill of it for now and I can always re-rent it if I need a fix. Soon it will become available for sale as previously viewed at the video store at a ridiculously low price, perhaps I will then buy it to hold me over until another, better edition is released.

They had better come out with a special edition! I think I'm going to rent, not buy :rolleyes:

Me too. In the 24 hours I was in possession of the rental we watched it everything on the disk including the film twice. I have gotten my fill of it for now and I can always re-rent it if I need a fix. Soon it will become available for sale as previously viewed at the video store at a ridiculously low price, perhaps I will then buy it to hold me over until another, better edition is released.

sounds like a plan!

I will have the Nemesis DVD in a little under 30 minutes if my plan to get it at Wal_Mart goes without a hitch!

I will have the Nemesis DVD in a little under 30 minutes if my plan to get it at Wal_Mart goes without a hitch!

Good Luck in your plan!

i should be in posesion of NEMESIS in less than 24 hours. yeah. then i still need to buy seven more movies to have them all on dvd. up to now i have them all but only two on dvd. i cant stand vhs anymore, especially since the one time i went to watch SNEAKERS(great movie with robert redford, sydney poitier, river pheonix, and dan akroyd, and some others), anyway i popped it in and the sound was so bad i couldnt stand it, it had a buzz through the entire movie, so i had to go get it on dvd.

DVD RULES

i should be in posesion of NEMESIS in less than 24 hours. yeah. then i still need to buy seven more movies to have them all on dvd. up to now i have them all but only two on dvd. i cant stand vhs anymore, especially since the one time i went to watch SNEAKERS(great movie with robert redford, sydney poitier, river pheonix, and dan akroyd, and some others), anyway i popped it in and the sound was so bad i couldnt stand it, it had a buzz through the entire movie, so i had to go get it on dvd.

DVD RULES

Dude I love Sneakers! It's one of those movies that falls in the "one of my favorite films that no body I know has ever seen" catogory. I've been thinking about buying it on DVD actually.

DVD RULES

Dude I love Sneakers! It's one of those movies that falls in the "one of my favorite films that no body I know has ever seen" catogory. I've been thinking about buying it on DVD actually.

same here most people i know, havent ever heard of it, but yeah its one of my favorites, i can watch it over and over again.

I love teh movie Sneakers too! :innocent:

The Nem...i'm waiting for someone to edit out certain scenes so i can watch it with out having a nervous break down. :laugh:

Guest Ktrek

I thought you all might enjoy this review. These guys at DVD Talk are tough and if they like it it must be good! :innocent:DVD Talk Review

Ktrek