Raven Technolo

Order of Series

Does Voyager come Before TNG????  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Does Voyager come Before TNG????

• Voyager does come Before TNG.
    • TNG is before Voyager
    • I dont have a clue.

The Next Generation was the first Star Trek series on after The Original Series..

1 - TOS

2 - TNG

3 - DS9

4 - VOY

5 - ENT

Do you mean chronologically? :laugh:

If so, then it would be The Next Generation before Voyager...

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Voyager was after TNG, The Next Generation was the first (and best in my opinion) series to come after The Original Series.

Look at it this way. Most events in TNG had already occured when the Bajorans asked Starfleet to come in and help run station Deep Space Nine. Voyager embarked on it's mission from DS9. So both series-wise and chronologically, TNG happened before Voyager.

Reg Barclay made contact with Voyager after he left the Enterprise so there's another way of telling that TNG was before Voyager. You might recall the episode in which Deanna Troi visited Reg during the time he was trying to make contact with Voyager.

The Next Generation was the first Star Trek series on after The Original Series..

1 - TOS

2 - TNG

3 - DS9

4 - VOY

5 - ENT

272804[/snapback]

I agree with this the order.

If you're talking about chronological order:

1. ENT

2. TOS

3. TNG

4. DS9

5. VOY

But if you mean in order of production:

1. TOS

2. TNG

3. DS9

4. VOY

5. ENT

But The Next Generation comes before Voyager in both cases =D

I chose Voyager before TNG

272803[/snapback]

What makes you say that? Or is that order of your favourites?

Edited by drfly42

I chose Voyager before TNG

272803[/snapback]

What makes you say that? Or is that order of your favourites?

273351[/snapback]

No.... because why does Janeway have A different uniform to TNG which is only the same of the first series and back at Starfleet Command they are wearing the same uniform as at the end of TNG, yet Janeway still wears the same uniform throughout. Plus Janeway gets Promoted to Admiral before Picard.

No.... because why does Janeway have A different uniform to TNG which is only the same of the first series and back at Starfleet Command they are wearing the same uniform as at the end of TNG, yet Janeway still wears the same uniform throughout. Plus Janeway gets Promoted to Admiral before Picard.

273700[/snapback]

Since Voyager was out of touch with Starfleet Command they wouldn't know about any uniform changes and since they have limited resources they wouldn't waste them by replicating new uniforms just so they are up to date.

TNG's uniforms were different from all of the series. By the time of First Contact (the movie) TNG was using the same uniforms as DS9.

As far as I know there has never been an explanation as to why there were different style uniforms for each series. If someone knows of an explanation from the PTB please let us know.

As for Janeway being an Admiral before Picard, Picard would have been promoted to Admiral if he had accepted the position as Commandant at Starfleet Academy in season 1. In Generations, Kirk's advice to Picard (based on Kirk's experience)was to not let them promote him and take him out of the captain's chair.

I think that maybe around the last couple seasons of TNG (which occured during the same time as the first couple seasons of DS9) that they changed it to Starship crews having the black shoulders over black body, and Base crews having the opposite. There were points in both TNG and DS9 when one crew would appear on the other show with there respective uniforms. After that, Starfleet must've decided to go with a single style, and chose the newer version over the older.

Also consider that during the first couple seasons of TNG, the crew's uniforms (with black shoulders) had a shoulder-to-color stripe the same color as the rest of the uniform.

Enterprise starts on Apr. 16, 2151

TOS Starts about 200 years later on Stardate 1513.1

TNG Starts about 80 years after TOS on Stardate 41153.7

DS9 Starts on Stardate 46379.1

Voyager starts on Stardate 48315.6

Well, I think this subject is pretty much covered.

For the record, in my last post I meant that Starship crews have "black shoulders over colored body" not "black shoulders over black body."