Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Star Trek Companion Guides

Which Star Trek Companion Guide is your favorite? If you don't know what that is, it's a book that has all of the episodes and what they are about. It also tells which special guest was in the episode and it also tells a little behind the scenes thing about each episode. It also gives the history of the show and movies.

The ones I have are

Star Trek The Next Generation

Star Trek Voyager

Star Trek Deep Space Nine for the PC

My favorite is probably the DS9 one just for the fact that it gives a video trailer for each episode which is really cool. This comes in real handy for when I want to tape some of the episodes off of tv. For example, I look to see what TNG and DS9 episodes are coming on Spike TV and I can look up the episode name in my companions and I can see what the episode is about and if I want to tape it. Sometimes I find out that I already have that episode on tape when I look it up in the book.

Yes, I sadly have to tape the episodes off of TV. I can't afford to pay $700 on almost each series, that's way too much to pay. But if you do, more power to ya. lol :(

My favorite is the print edition of the Deep Space Nine Companion. The book is just filled with fascinating behind-the-scenes items, as well as the rationale behind the creative choices of the producers, writers, actors, and the like. Very involving, very interesting.

I like the 3 that I have..TNG, VOY and DS9..So interesting to read about each episode..My favorite is probably the Deep Space Nine companion..I have the printed version although I've often thought about getting the computer version as well..

DS9 out of the two I have read exercepts from

VOY is too incomplete.

I have The Voyager Companion and the print version of The Deep Space Nine Companion. I didn't know there was a PC version of the DS9 companion. Anyway, I like both companions, even though I haven't really read through the DS9 one properly yet. I purchased the Voy companion when I first started watching Trek (I started out with Voy, then DS9 and now I'm up to season 4 of TNG). I found it very helpful to read about upcoming episodes that I hadn't seen yet. Now when I want to know which season an episode is in, I can just refer to the companions.

I find the companions useful if I want to find an episode that has an interesting 'side' story. For example, I wanted to watch the episode in which Nog tells Sisko he want to go to the Academy. I did some reading and found that this episode was called 'Heart of Stone'.

Madam Captain out!!