Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Storm Front"?

What rating would you give "Storm Front" out of 10?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Storm Front" out of 10?

Seeing it twice helps.

Going with 9.5, points off for the slowdown in pacing is all.

Click For Spoiler

TUH, This help? >>> http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showtopic=18698 Anyone know if the repete times are the same as before? *checks TV Guide*... In my area yes; Sundays at 8pm.

I love this series!

TUH, This help? >>>  http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showtopic=18698 Anyone know if the repete times are the same as before? *checks TV Guide*... In my area yes; Sundays at 8pm.

We don't get repeats because we don't have a regular UPN carrier - the Fox network runs UPN shows after it's latenight news.

Click For Spoiler
Startrek.com gave a general idea but I was hoping for a couple of details like who the woman was and how Trip and Mayweather got captured - I did see the last ten minutes.

TUH, This help? >>>  http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showtopic=18698 Anyone know if the repete times are the same as before? *checks TV Guide*... In my area yes; Sundays at 8pm.

We don't get repeats because we don't have a regular UPN carrier - the Fox network runs UPN shows after it's latenight news.

Click For Spoiler

271075[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

I loved Storm Front. I felt the show moved along very well and it was exciting to watch. I was left wanting more.

Click For Spoiler
I also thought it was odd at first that Hoshi hugged Archer, although I sure wanted to. I could never imagine Beverly Crusher or anyone else for that matter hugging Picard on the bridge. I think in this series a little informality lends itself to the time period and the infancy of space travel.
I enjoyed all the actors and thought they did well incorporating all of the characters into the show. I gave it a 9.

I have a few comments to make about 2 of Alterego's comments regarding Silik and Daniels!

Click For Spoiler
Hasn't Daniels died before? Somehow I doubt we've seen the last of him... again. I suspect his 'death' was a ruse...

Silik keeps saving people/Ent, Future Guy (his boss) must be working to preserve the timeline we know...

HERE ARE MY COMMENTS!
Click For Spoiler
Daniel's did die, but we was killed by an energy weapon. This time, he died due to TEMPORAL changes to his body. Because they are temporal, I think it means that he can't come back due to some weird temporal loop hole like the last time. And I really wish they would explain how he came back the first time in full!

As for Silik, I think he works by "contract". In other words, he does what future guy wants. As well all know, adjusting a timeline is a tricky thing. Changing something in the past doesn't always work out as intended. Maybe future guy wanted Earth wiped out, but then realized that wasn't the optimal way to acheive dominance for his species in the future. Chances are, future guy realized that the Federation was key to preventing the transdimensional beings from the Xindi arc from transforming space. And without the Federation, Futureguy's species would be wiped out too. So now, perhaps, he is trying to tweak the timeline in a different manner. Hmmm, that actually makes more sense that I thought it would. It explains alot, assuming of course, it is the right explanation.[/spolier]

On the topic of Silik:

Click For Spoiler

As for the life signs that were detected:

Click For Spoiler

I gave it a solid and well deserved two.

Click For Spoiler
First, I am tired of seeing this crew get the (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) kicked out of them. They have been through a lot and they need to get home.

Second, What is the Paramount Studio's facination with the Nazi? The scenario of Nazis winning World War Two was explored enough in TOS. Does this event need to be discussed further in the Trek world? (Think back to TOS: "The City on the Edge of Forever" when McCoy changes history by saving Edith Keeler.)

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

I have a few comments to make about 2 of Alterego's comments regarding Silik and Daniels!

Click For Spoiler

HERE ARE MY COMMENTS!
Click For Spoiler

As for Daniels you're probably right but

Click For Spoiler

I agree on Silik and Future Guy; the possibilities remain open but

Click For Spoiler

I agree on Silik and Future Guy; the possibilities remain open but
Click For Spoiler
[/color]

271951[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

271997[/snapback]

I gave it a 9...it was better than I expected and I taped it so I could watch it again and again

Click For Spoiler
I don't believe Trip is Silik either, maybe the Sulibon don't like the future that has developed and are helping to fix it, maybe that's why he saved Trip... just a guess.... :(
Edited by v_seven

Regarding the 'Trip is Silik' theory; yesterday while I was putting together the episode synopsis I found some supporting evidence. If you look in the spoiler under the picture of Archer looking at Trip the caption says:

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler
Alright people, the day of judgement is upon us. Yes, His Royal Highness The King casts his Royal Eye over the fourth and final season episodes of "ENT".

Are you ready? Good, here we go........

Season Four: “Stormfront”

First of all, the “Space Nazi” looked crap. They looked half-Reman from Nemesis, and half “Master” from Buffy. “NOSFARATU : CREATURE OF THE NIGHT”!!!!!!

The dogfight scene with the Luftwaffe planes over San Francisco had abysmal effects. It looked more like “Medal Of Honour” on the PS2.

I unfortunately notice the “Country Boy” remix of the theme song is still being used. That’s a shame.

I’ve identified one of the problems with this show. The Sets. After all, nothing makes you feel like you are on a starship flying through the stars like endless scenes in little rooms with grey walls.

In fairness though, that “White House….Nazi-Style” didn’t look too bad.

The German accents in this episode were horrific. If I closed my eyes, I could have been watching the old BBC comedy show “Allo Allo”, and the head “Space Nazi” sounded as if he was wearing dentures.

Jolene Blalock’s catsuit looks even tighter in this new season. It’s a shame a fifth season won’t happen, because by then, I’m sure the Blunder Twins would have had her wearing a bikini. A damn shame I tell ya. Though I must admit, she does have a nice figure. That explains why Porthos drools. Even though her acting ability consists entirely of opening her eyes REALLY WIDE!!!!

Daniels looked like Mason Verger from “Hannibal”. You know? That guy who sliced off his own face. Yuk.

Another problem is those uniforms they wear. Not at all flattering. They look less like Starfleet officers, and more like those blokes who fix your car when it breaks down or something.

If Dominic Keating gets any stiffer when he acts, the poor guy will become brittle and snap in two. EMOTE dear boy EMOTE!!!!

HEY!!!! It’s that guy from the Sopranos!!!! I love that guy, though he made a big mistake marrying that lunatic Janice Soprano. He should have just concentrated on looking after Uncle Corrado. He went from the Sopranos to Enterprise???? GOOD LORD!!!!! The other mafia guy looked like a reject from Guys and Dolls. I thought I was watching “The Untouchables”. I expected one of them to say “Fuggeddaboutit MARIO!!!!!!” Fire your agent Sal. MAMA MIA!!!!!

The black girl was OK though. Hey, maybe she was Lily Sloane’s great grandmother or something?

RIP Daniels. We Shall Never Forget You (ahem).

YAY!!!!! Travis is going to get tortured ALIEN NAZI STYLE. I guess it’s better than sitting at the CONN and saying “Yes Sir, No Sir, Three Bags Full Sir”.

Overall, I give this episode a rating of 2.

Click For Spoiler

309676[/snapback]

I like that you're giving the show a chance and I don't think your review is all that much of a departure from other reviews I've seen (Ex Astris Scientia gave it a 0). Believe me, the 4th season gets better. Storm Front suffered, I think, because of the lack of time they had to wrap up the TCW if they wanted to move past it. I still enjoyed the episodes though.

At least you're better than the guy who gave every ep a 0 no matter how good it was.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

9 - An excellent beginning to Season 4, i loved the scene when archer returned and hoshi hugged him, you could tell T'Pol was glad to see him.

Edited by trek_dude

Sign in to follow this