Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Your Immune System ~

I've got a great remedy for colds. Whenever I feel something coming on, I drink a half-cup of white vinegar. Good for what ails ya!

And this is something you have done before??? :clap: :P No, I understand. You turn your body so alkaline that nothing can survive in there. :) :lol: Not even the lining of your esophagus. :laugh: I've tried doing that too. I just can't get it down. Good luck with that. :clap:

And this is something you have done before??? :laugh:  :P No, I understand. You turn your body so alkaline that nothing can survive in there. :)  :clap: Not even the lining of your esophagus. :clap: I've tried doing that too. I just can't get it down. Good luck with that. :lol:

268372[/snapback]

I think it makes the body more acidic. Similar antidotes include mega-dosing on

aspirin. It's an ancient oriental remedy.

Well, same principle nik. Thanks for pointing THAT out to me in a public forum. :clap: Are you sure?? :laugh: Making your body more acidic? O.K., I'll take your word for it unless I find out something different. :clap:

Well nik?

The Cause of Disease

Have you ever wondered if many of the diseases raging through our society have a common cause? Many doctors, herbalists and nutritionists believe that the explanation may come down to three words:

Acid Alkaline Imbalance

Over acidity, which can become a dangerous condition that weakens all body systems, is very common today. It gives rise to an internal environment conducive to disease, as opposed to a pH-balanced environment which allows normal body function necessary for the body to resist disease. A healthy body maintains adequate alkaline reserves to meet emergency demands. When access acids must be neutralized our alkaline reserves are depleted leaving the body in a weakened condition.

The concept of acid alkaline imbalance as the cause of disease is not new. In 1933 a New York doctor named William Howard Hay published a ground-breaking book, A New Health Era in which he maintains that all disease is caused by autotoxication (or "self-poisoning") due to acid accumulation in the body.

I heard night before last a guest on Coast to Coast AM talk about acidity vs alkaline and he said basically that there are too many people whose levels of acidity are excessively high (this is the same person who wrote the Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus books), and basically reinforced something i've felt and believed to be true for some time.

That is the fact that we must eat and drink items which are more on the base side to become healthier/REALLY healthy. But one thing he did mention is that a lot of these tests that "show" the ph balance are misleading, if not false. Basically, just eat and drink those items that are base until you fill you've gotten to the right level.

What happens is fat people tend to store the acid producing "toxins" in the fat cells when there's too many of these particles, but with thin people these toxins can't be stored and so the calcium in your bones is forced to balance as best it can the difference in your body, thus why more lean people have osteoporosis then do fat people.

Flu vaccine crisis

U.S. flu vaccine sliced in half

Vaccine problem shows supplies 'vulnerable'

Anita Manning, USA TODAY

Nearly half the USA's expected supply of flu vaccine won't be delivered because British health authorities suspended Chiron Corp.'s (CHIR) license to make it, company officials said Tuesday.

The announcement, which caught U.S. health officials by surprise and came roughly a month before flu season starts, raises concern about whether there will be enough vaccine to protect children, older Americans and others who are at greatest risk. (Related: Text of Chiron's press release | Flu vaccine Q&A)

Healthy people should "forgo vaccination at this time" to allow people at high risk of flu complications and death to be immunized first, said Julie Gerberding, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Health officials are asking doctors to prioritize patients, giving vaccine first to babies ages 6 months to 23 months; people 65 and older; anyone with chronic health problems, such as heart or lung disease; and pregnant women. Health care workers and people in close contact with anyone in the high-risk groups also should be vaccinated.

Gerberding said Aventis Pasteur, the only other major maker of flu shots, expects to meet its production goal of 54 million doses, and health officials are working to assure that it is evenly distributed.

Chiron stock tumbles

Chiron shares plunged as it cut its profit forecast for the year by more than half Tuesday because of the company's inability to deliver half the nation's flu vaccine stockpile this year.

Chiron said its inability to supply the vaccine will cut its anticipated earnings by $1.10 to $1.15 a share for 2004. That means it now expects full-year 2004 earnings from 70 cents to 80 cents a share before acquisition expenses, down from an earlier forecast of $1.80 to $1.90 a share.

The Associated Press

"We don't want to create a rush for vaccine," Gerberding said. "Take a deep breath. This is not an emergency. We'll work through this as we have with other shortages in the past."

Only last week Chiron said it planned to begin shipping about 48 million doses of vaccine to the USA from its Liverpool plant this month. But on Tuesday, British regulators suspended for three months the release of vaccine. In August, Chiron announced that it would delay delivering vaccine because some lots did not meet sterility requirements.

"This is a much bigger hit, and it's going to cause serious problems," said Martin Blaser, chairman of medicine at New York University and president-elect of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Very little extra vaccine is made each year.

"One of the problems is we don't have a national policy" on vaccine production, Blaser said. "It's just based on whether companies want to be in or not."

In an average year, flu kills 36,000 people in the USA and causes more than 200,000 hospitalizations. The season typically runs from November through March.

Officials have said the flu strain expected this season, the same one that circulated last year, is known to cause more hospitalizations than other strains. Add to that a vaccine shortage, and Blaser predicted that "this will be a worse flu year than usual."

Tommy Thompson, secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, said U.S. scientists would visit the Chiron plant and meet with U.K. regulators to evaluate the British report and "see what other recommendations can be made

I heard night before last a guest on Coast to Coast AM talk about acidity vs alkaline and he said basically that there are too many people whose levels of acidity are excessively high (this is the same person who wrote the Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus books), and basically reinforced something i've felt and believed to be true for some time.

That is the fact that we must eat and drink items which are more on the base side to become healthier/REALLY healthy. But one thing he did mention is that a lot of these tests that "show" the ph balance are misleading, if not false. Basically, just eat and drink those items that are base until you fill you've gotten to the right level.

What happens is fat people tend to store the acid producing "toxins" in the fat cells when there's too many of these particles, but with thin people these toxins can't be stored and so the calcium in your bones is forced to balance as best it can the difference in your body, thus why more lean people have osteoporosis then do fat people.

268493[/snapback]

That's an Excellent point your making SM. My Iguanas are a prime example of this. If they don't get enough calcium from their food, their muscles take it from their bones and they also get severe osteoporosis and their muscles swell up and they can't move and eventually can die from this.