Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Character Spotlight - The Wrath of Khan

Khan Noonien Singh (Ricardo Montalban)

11.jpg

One of history's most notorious dictators, Khan Noonien Singh was a genetically-bred human "superman" of Earth's India in the late 20th century who died in the 23rd century amid another "experiment" gone wrong. Rising to power among others of his kind, his ambition helped foment the Eugenics Wars that involved much of Earth's Third World. Finally facing defeat, he and dozens of followers escaped in the S.S. Botany Bay, a DY-100 vessel modified as a sleeper ship which drifted in intersteller space for over two centuries, until it was discovered in 2267 by the U.S.S. Enterprise. With his fellow survivors, Khan attempted to seize that starship but failed, and he and his people were sentenced by Captain Kirk to tame the wild M-Class world of Ceti Alpha V. Among those exiled was Lt. Marla McGivers, an Enterprise historian who fell in love with Khan and initially assisted him; ultimately, though, she refused to betray Kirk and her shipmates in the tyrant's abortive takeover.

On Ceti Alpha V, the band of refugees thought their dream of conquering an entire planet would come true, but six months after being left there, the star system's sixth planet exploded, and the shock wave wreaked havoc on planet V's ecosystem, making it a desert wasteland. In 2285, the embittered Khan commandeered the U.S.S. Reliant and hijacked the top-secret Genesis Device in a plan to exact vengeance against James T. Kirk. Khan failed to defeat his old foe, and died when he detonated the cataclysmic matter-reorganizing terraforming device, annihilating the Reliant.

24.jpg

Character Biography from startrek.com

Khan...

My All Time Favorite Star Trek Villian...He Still Scares Me, lol

I got "Space Seed" and "Wrath Of Khan" for one of my Young Birthdays. I'm surprised that I Never wore those tapes out.

I got Star Trek III some time the year before..and I became interested in Part II...also...I knew that Khan had been in the show..but I had never seen "Space Seed" before I got it.

I learned much about Star Trek by watching reruns ofcourse..and alittle TV Special in 1987 called "Star Trek"Memories" , hosted by Leonard Nimoy(although I think it was made before STIII) . The Part about Spock's Death stuck in my mind..so I wanted to see these Movies...So I got ST III....Then Space Seed and STII.

Sorry for getting so off-topic..just sharing how I got the Episode and Movie with Khan in em ;)

anyway...as I said...Khan is My All Time Favorite Trek Villian

"I've done far worse than kill you

I've hurt you..and I wish to go on...

hurting you....

I shall leave you as you left me...as you left her..

Marooned for all eternaty..at the center of a dead planet

Burried Aliiiiiiiive..Burried Aliiiiiiive!"

Khan is definitely the man. He was soooo smart, yet in the end was rather foolish. I think it was quite symbolic of how our emotions can run away with us and lead to our own destruction. Most illogical! I heard that there was a book about Khan and how we have never heard of him in the 1990s - like his political manoevering and control was all secret and not widely covered by the media. I read also about the Star Trek fan who brought a small tv and vcr to a queue outside a cinema, waiting for Star Trek 2, and showed a tape of Space Seed. I cant remember watching Space Seed but I know the story and it is a high ranker in the top episodes.

Every hardcore Khan fan MUST (if you want to :laugh: ) read The Eugenics Wars by Greg Cox, you will believed he lived and that the Wars did happen.