Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Fan Clubs

I would guess that some of you guys are in fan clubs where you meet somewhere. I haven't found any fan clubs where I live, at least not yet. I was wondering how can I start a fan club and what sort of things are involved with a club anyway? What kind of stuff do you do?

The only fan club I'm in is Alabama's. I've been a member since 1982. I can't help you in setting anything up but I can tell you the best part of being in the fan club was the opportunity I had 4 years ago to attend FAD. For those who don't know, FAD is Fan Appreciation Day. It's held every June at the band's fan club headquarters in their hometown of Ft. Payne, AL. Fans from around the country, and around the globe for that matter, file through the fan club and get autographs and photos taken with the band. Afterwards, Randy (the lead singer) invites everyone to his cattle farm for a cookout. They (the fan club employees and road crew) cook hamburgers and hot dogs on huge grills set up just outside the farm office. No, we do not get access to their house, just the farm office and cattle barns. LOL. They also have soda, chips, potato salad, baked beans and ice cream, if I remember right. Randy shows up (along with his wife and children) and spend a few more hours posing for photos and talking to the fans. Every time I tell someone about FAD, they don't believe that Randy would go to that kind of trouble, inviting thousands of people to his home and giving them a picnic, but it happens. It just goes to show how much he and the rest of the band truly appreciate the dedication of the fans. I know it's a trip I'll never forget. If anyone's intersted in seeing photos, let me know. I can post them in the STF photo album.

I can't go to my local fan club's meeting for Trek. It conflicts with a lot of things on schedule...

The only official "fan club" I am a member of is Alabama's also and I too have been a member since 1982 (maybe 1981).

I'm a member on Terrell Owen's web site which he calls his "fan club" so I guess that could count as one and I think I would consider STF to be a "fan club" for Star Trek.