Sign in to follow this  
headborg

Lap tops(note books)

i just got this...notebook and I am trying to write my posts...and sometime I just barely brush my thumb across the touch pad...and boom! i've lost my post..and have to start writing over...does anyone know how to "fix" this problem...is it too sensitive?

why not to use your touch pad. You could always just use the tab button to select buttos. You can use page down to scroll.

Ok, here's how to modify the sensitivity of the touchpad (if you have windows xp, if you have an apple computer good luck): First go to Control Panel, select Printers and Other Hardware, now select mouse and a window similar to display properties will appear, select the Touch tab and you should find the sensitivity settings.

Ok, here's how to modify the sensitivity of the touchpad (if you have windows xp, if you have an apple computer good luck): First go to Control Panel, select Printers and Other Hardware, now select mouse and a window similar to display properties will appear, select the Touch tab and you should find the sensitivity settings.

265141[/snapback]

THANK YOU SCALEMAN!!HERE GOES....OK..I PULLED IT DOWN 1 NOTCH..I'LL TRY THAT...AND KEEP ON TILL GET TO ZERO..THAN I'LL JUST PULL THE PLUG COMPLETELY (LIKE WAB SUGGESTED) IF I HAVE TO..

Edited by headborg

Man this is really starting to drive me NUTS!! Starting to really #$$$ me off!!!

I've backed off the sensitivity on this touch pad...3 settings below the middle, and it's still doing it's own thing....could it be the "curser' it seems when i just kinda fly over any "linked" word on the screen ....click...there I go...off to where I don't want to...losing my work..is there a setting for that too!