Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Tell us your real ghost stories

Tell us your real ghost stories

October will be here before you know it!

If you believe you have seen a real ghost, then please tell us your story. If you know someone who claims to have seen a real ghost, then please tell us about it!

When we have our special guest chat with Mr. Kaczmarek, I will be posting some of your stories in the chat room.

Mr. Kaczmarek, President of the Ghost Research Society, will be chatting with us on Saturday, October 2nd at 4:00pm US/Eastern-Time. This chat is going to be a little bit unusual then our average guest chat. We are here to keep an open-mind and hear what he has to say. You can make up your own mind if you believe or disbelieve after the chat. This upcoming chat will just present you with his views and studies.

Also, thanks to DrWho42, who helped me in getting and setting up this special guest chat with Mr. Kaczmarek. :dude:

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Your Welcome, MQ. :o :P

I do not think I have seen an actual ghost yet...

..Maybe a shadow person, but that was probably a regular shadow and light playing tricks to my eyes.

However, I do remember when I used to live in Napples, Italy, I thought I saw some weird entity within my room in the light of my red-glowing night-light (back when I was going to Kindergarden, and bad choice of night-light btw.. :wacko:), and thought my lion blanket actually growled..

Then again, it might have been my imagination, and I've usually been assuming it was that..

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Edinburgh, where I live is packed out with ghost stories. Indeed, there is an entire branch of the Scottish Tourist industry involved in walking tours that deal specifically with tales of ghouls and horror.

I used to work as a tour guide at a specific attraction. It was called the 'Vault's. Basically it was this: A bridge had been built between the high point of the old town and the lowlands of the new town. Buildings were built on either side of the bridge so only one of the arches now still shows. The 'vaults' are basically the hidden arches of the bridge and in the 17th and 18th centuries these became the homes of the ultra-poor and the criminal element of Edinburgh. Disease was rife and tragedy was common place.

Anyway, in my time working in the vaults myself and others have seen no end of strange things. I have seen the ghost of a little boy dressed in blue who fell in to the works of the bridge when it was being constructed and who was crushed. I have also heard the footsteps of a entity the older guides called Mr Boots as well as his sinister breathing. One of the senior guides, who claims to be a sensitive, told me that he regularly pesters her when she is down there. She said he once stood at the back of her group and she could see his face which was all bloody and instead of eyes there were just vacant sockets.

One summer, the Edinburgh City Council who ultimately own the property, had a open day of all there tourist attractions. People could get in free to the vaults. Our booss counted in the thousands had passed through the vaults. The next day when my friend Dave went to light the candles for the evening tours he was chased out by a deafening breathing which followed him around the vaults. Some believe that whatever is in the vaults hates that people come and visit it and the more people the more angry he gets.

Anyway thats just some of the weird stuff that goes on in Edinburgh.

We have had 2 people die in my house but I have not seen them as ghosts. But at night its scary I fell this unatural presence around me and I get all cold, could it be a ghost.

I think I have seen a shadow person numerous times, one was probally in a dream, because I tried to kick it, which I would'nt do in real life because I would be 2 scared to move. But I have seen one looking over me than dissapearing in to the celling.

There is also this weird thing that happens. I keep a night light in my room, because its a war zone and I would trip over everything and I share my room with my little brother who is asleep when I am awake, but every now and than it seems like somebody walks in front of it because it would dim like it would if a person walked infront of it, but nobodys there.

I believe have seen a ghost

Theres this story of a 3 legged horse in the field near my old house. A white horse with a white ghostly maiden who shows up in the field on certain nights, then rides off.

I believe I've seen the horse and maiden, then the horse ride off.

There were no horses in that part of the field, and I saw it from my bedroom window, where the field was visable

This happened years ago in the old house that we lived in. The house at the time was about 80 years old.

As a young adult (age 23) my parents bought a house on the westside of our town on a busy road but still the suburbs. I was given a room of my own as I am the youngest daughter and most of my siblings were married and sharing their lives with others. My room was at one time a nursery in the old house but a fresh coat of paint took the idea of infants in the room out of mind. I was allowed to choose my furnishings and decorate my room. I chose a lovely brass bed and I also had a television, desk, dresser, and bookshelf in my room. The first odd thing about my room was that the closet door wouldn't stay shut, we even duct taped it. At night I closed and heard the catch snap in the morning the door stood wide open. It didn't scar me as I think I'm in tune with the spirits.

As I was an adult I was permitted to read and watch what I wanted. A gracious jesture on my mother's part. I, in return kept my door shut in the evening as I read Star Trek novels cover to cover in a matter of days and watched and recorded Dr. Who. Upon occassion my mother would come to my room to check on me and find me laying fast asleep on the floor at least once a month. She assumed I just fell asleep there after reading too much or filling my head with the, pardon me Dr. Who42 if you read this story, non-sense of Dr. Who. Earlier I said I felt in touch with the spirits and at the times I slept on the floor of my room I felt that the spirit that took my bed upon occassion was going to visit.

I didn't feel a need to tell anyone in the family afterall my kid brother was easily frightened and it wasn't a bother to me.

I soon married Daniel by means of elopemnet and left my room and furnishing not thinking anything of it. My mother and father had an argument and off to my room my mother went. She didn't sense the presence of my bed spirit and made herself comfortable in my room. (I wish I knew if she even attempted to read one of my Trek novels.) As my mother laid in the dark of the room she physically fell him holding her. She discribed him as being big, heavy, strong and could hear him breathing. He was not a rapist or anything of that nature. He just liked to curl up on the bed and sleep and hold onto you. I never actually saw him as I was afraid to know what he looked like I often pretended to be asleep the first few times I found myself in bed with this spirit/thing after that I learned to sense his presence in my room. I learned when it was my time to sleep on the floor.

My mother called me shortly after her experience with the bed spirit and was not happy that I failed to mention the haunting of my room to her or my father. She later made the room into a study and was careful not to close the bedroom door or to fell asleep in there. They later sold the house and relocated to Florida, once in a while I pass by it but I never stop to ask about the spirit in that room, let them find out for themselves.

Edited by BlueCrystal

There was this one time when I was ten. I was at my moms friends house. I walked downstairs, which was pitch black. Everyone else was upstairs. Anyway I walked into the play room and say somthing move in the corner. They had no pets. SO I walked closer, then i was hit it the head with a rubber ball. I laugh at it now but it was pretty scary then.

Once in grade 6 I believe, we took an overnight field trip to one of the camps for an outdoorsey kind of deal, well I went outside to use the washroom (Don't worry normal plumbing but we were in small cabin type things with no wash facilities themselves) Well I saw what appeared to be a blonde woman in a white gown looking through the windows of each of the cabin windows. She was kind of glowing but I thought she must of been under a light when I first saw because she was pretty far away.

Though I wasn't so sure when she came closer, I went to tell one of the shaperones but when I went to, she just dissappeared. Well it's gets better, when I went back in the cabin someone else who was awake asked if I saw that weird woman outside, and if it was his eyes playing tricks on him when she dissappeared. Also about 12 other people had seen her too, and the funny part is that none of us actually knew about the ghost story about that pecticular camp when some woman ran from her home at night(for some reason I forget what it is now) and froze to death around the camp and is said to keep a watchful eye on the children who stay there.

I don't really believe in ghosts and such supernatural events, now that I think about it, it was dark and it was probably just another student peaking around and being nosy.

I can't say that I have seen a ghost but I can say that I may have heard one. When I was nine years old my grandfather passed away finally succumbing to cancer. A month or so had passed since his funeral and my family was gathered at my grandparents house for a family function. It was the first one since he had passed away that we were all gathered together. Now my grandparents home was built in the 1930's and during his life, my grandfather had remodeled numerous portions of the house and had actually built a spare bedroom in the attic at the front of the house. It was my understanding, at the time, that he loved this room. It was his personal escape place and he would spend numerous hours in there. As we sat in the living room among cousins and siblings and other relatives, the distinct sound of someone walking from the back of the house to the front, into the upstairs bedroom was distinctly heard by everyone there. The floor in the attic had a distinct sound when someone walked across it and there was always a portion right above the living room that creaked everytime weight was applied. The footsteps were unmistakable and everyone in the living room immediately stopped talking because, according to my grandmother, no one has been upstairs since the funeral. My father immediately thought it was me since I was known to always sneak off to some portion of the house to get away from the grown-ups but when my mother pointed out that I was sitting right there with everyone else, my father became speechless. A quick headcount was done and everyone was accounted for. At that point my father immediately went upstairs to ascertain if someone had gotten into the house and of course, everyone under the age of ten wanted to go with him but my father would have none of that. As he went upstairs, we could hear him walking across the floor into the bedroom, the same floorboards creaking and squeaking, around the room and then back out and downstairs. There was no one there. The family became eerily quiet at that point and some family members suddenly remembered things they had forgotten to do and so the gathering became somewhat smaller suddenly. My father never speculated on what we all thought we heard but even then I could tell that this incident made everyone nervous the rest of the evening. Only now, years later, can I appreciate what I may have been witness to. My mother still lives in the old house since it was passed down in the family when my grandmother passed away three years later and every now and then, there have been strange occurences in that house that defy normal explanations. To this day I believe that my grandfather walked across that floor into that room that he loved so much even though no one else in the family will admit it.

I want to thank all of you so much for the great posts. They really are very good! I've been thinking about trying to cut them down short enough to fit them into the chat, but if I do that they will lose value. I just made some good semi-cut down versions and they just are fine, but are still too long for the chat room. However, we'll see what happens when the chat happens.... What I'm thinking about doing is take those semi-cut-down versions into a modified transcript and throw them in part two of the chat in a special color.

Again, I want to thank all of you. :laugh: Those are some great stories! Close to Halloween I'll also put those on the portal (full versions) for all to see on the StarTrekFans.net homepage.

And don't forget that on this Saturday (10/2) at 4pm EST (1PM PST) we will have our special guest chat with Dale Kaczmarek, the President of the Ghost Research Society! Everyone is welcome --- even if you just want to set back & watch.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Well, not sure if this counts but; one day i was looking for something and i saw a white-ish blur. I think it's an exact opposite of a shadow person/being, or about that (i call it a light being since i don't know what else to call it).

Edited by scaleman

I have found myself believing that my house is playing home to someone other than the four of us in the family, and I don't mind at all. Sometimes, late at night, I can hear footsteps on the stairs, up and down and up and down. And there was the time, when my dad wasn't around, that my mum, brother and I were sitting in the computer room and suddenly heard the keyboard. And I have always hated staying at home alone, though no one of the spiritual incarnation has harmed any of us.

And there was the time the TV switched on by itself.

I don't feel good. I'm home alone now, and the windows are rattling.

Oh my god.

suddenly heard the keyboard.

And there was the time the TV switched on by itself.

268310[/snapback]

Those two things have happened to me... Also with the television suddenly switching off, without some "normal" intervention, like a power-outage and et cetera... Though it seemed to only happen at least twice.

I guess things like that have seemed to not happen much anymore, or I just ignore them.

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Edited by drwho42