Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ How to Measure Your Ring Size ~

Here is how you do it. If you want to send someone a ring. :clap:

HOW TO MEASURE YOUR RING SIZE:

Rap a strip of paper around your finger. Mark the spot where the paper meets the other end. Measure the strip of paper up to the spot you marked when it was wrapped around your finger with a ruler or tape measure. Use the chart below to get your ring size. Example: a measurement of 2 9/16” equals a size 10.

~ MEASURED INCHES RING SIZE ~

1 15/16 " 5

2 1/16 " 6

2 3/16 " 7

2 5/16 " 8

2 7/16 " 9

2 9/16 " 10

2 11/16 " 11

2 13/16 " 12

2 15/16 " 13

What's YOUR ring size, REGISTER HERE!!! :huh: I'm a 2 3/16' so that'd be an '7' :blink: :huh: Oh, play the song "I'll be Wrapped Around Your Finger" By "The Police" while you do this. :huh: :o I love that song. :laugh:

I know my ring size it is size 12 for my wedding ring finger. Are you trying to say your giving up the finger? :huh:

Airies, there are all kinds of rings:Promises

A promise should never be made that can't be kept. For those very special promises, there is no better reminder of this pledge than a promise ring - an unending circle, a visible symbol of faith.

While there are no hard and fast rules regarding the giving of promise rings, some general guidelines may make things easier.

Promise Rings Meaning: The promise ring is given for virtually any type of promise made between two people. Popular modern day reasons to give promise rings and friendship rings are discussed here. More information...

History of the Promise Ring: While the concept of promise rings may seem like something new and original, mythology and sacred writings tell us otherwise. More information...

Which finger?: On which finger is the promise ring traditionally worn? The answer varies with the type of promise. More information...

Men's Promise Rings: Generally speaking, men are not given promise rings. Discover the exceptions here

Claddagh Rings Are Also Popular As Irish Wedding Rings. With A History That Dates Back To Over 300 Years, Claddagh Rings Are Named After An Ancient Fishing Village By The Same Name In Ireland. Modernisation Has Snatched The Natural Beauty Of This Old Fishing Village But The Significance Of The Claddagh Ring Lives On. The Mother Presents Her Claddagh Ring To Her Daughter On The Daughter's Wedding Day. The Popularity Of The Claddagh Ring Now Extends Far Beyond The Small Fishing Village Or Ireland. The Ring Is Worn All Over The Globe Probably As The Symbol Of Love, Friendship And Loyalty That It Represents. The Increasing Violence And Obscenity That We See In Society Is Due To The Diminishing Existence And Belief In The Three Virtues Of Love, Friendship And Loyalty.

No, I wasn't giving you or anyone else the finger. :o I only do that while I'm driving in my car. :huh: :huh: :huh: Otherwise it's this one-->> :laugh:

~ RING OF FIRE ~

Volcanic arcs and oceanic trenches partly encircling the Pacific Basin form the so-called 'Ring of Fire', a zone of frequent earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. The trenches are shown in blue-green. The volcanic island arcs, although not labelled, are parallel to, and always landward of, the trenches. For example, the island arc associated with the Aleutian Trench is represented by the long chain of volcanoes that make up the Aleutian Islands.

Edited by Jeanway

UGH! :huh: :laugh:

~ Giving New Meaning to the Term "My Grandmother's Ring" ~

A family in Canada will soon be sporting a jewel made from a dead relative. The family had Grandma's cremated remains made into a synthetic diamond through a process using intense heat. The diamond will be placed in a gold ring. "Hey, you got to wear Grandma yesterday! It's my turn today."

In other bizarre Canadian death rituals, a Toronto company will create a painting including the cremated remains of your loved one. If only Andy Warhol had been cremated, one could literally fulfill the words of the David Bowie song "Andy Warhol looks a scream. Hang him on my wall." In a way, I imagine Warhol might have actually appreciated that. He would have been truly immortalized by art.