Sign in to follow this  
recycle

borg what are they!

They are a cybernetic race that takes use of assimilating other individuals into their society and hive-mind.

They also seek the goal of perfection for the Borg, and for other species worthy of assimilation.

There's a short-story within Strange New Worlds, Volume VI, entitled: "The Beginning", written by Annie Reed.

It tells of the origin of the Borg, and it's pretty neat. :unsure:

There's alot of them in the Delta Quadrant though... :notworthy:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Edited by drwho42

They are a cybernetic race that takes use of assimilating other individuals into their society and hive-mind.

They also seek the goal of perfection for the Borg, and for other species worthy of assimilation.

There's a short-story within

Strange New Worlds, Volume VI, entitled: "The Beginning", written by Annie Reed.

It tells of the origin of the Borg, and it's pretty neat. :unsure:

There's alot of them in the Delta Quadrant though... :laugh:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

258418[/snapback]

I read both stories. It was scary to think how simple how it all started. A medical proceedure that went wrong. :notworthy:

Star Trek is the afterpart of the Terminator series. After the humans defeated the machines, they were struggling to survive so they took what was left of their existence and traveled far into space, creating virus-like technology that could take over organisms and allow them to be technologically mutated. Remember First Contact? Well that was years after while the humans were still trying to recuperate. They used leftover machines to build a space shuttle and make first contact with an alien species and will save human kind and actually make Earth a better place. The machines slowly evolved, but had insufficient technology to rebuild their entire society, so they continued to live on through the organisms the mutated.

Strange New Worlds, Volume VI, entitled: "The Beginning", written by Annie Reed.

It tells of the origin of the Borg, and it's pretty neat. :nono:

There's alot of them in the Delta Quadrant though... :picard-sith:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

258418[/snapback]

Where can I get that book? :inlove:

:hug:

It tells of the origin of the Borg, and it's pretty neat. ^_^

There's alot of them in the Delta Quadrant though... ^_^

lastresort.jpg42.gif

258418[/snapback]

Where can I get that book? :lol:

:dude:

258597[/snapback]

Well, I imagine you could get it over the internet, although I just buy books at bookstores or by other means....

This is the book, by-the-way. :P

Click For Spoiler
large.jpg
lastresort.jpg42.gif

Basically, the Borg are a collective of cybernetic beings bent on the assimiliation of all species to add to their biological and technological distinctiveness and perfection. All pertinent information is filtered through a Borg cube's vinculum and is assimilated into the hive mind. Assimilation is attempted by injectin assimilation tubules into the neck of the assimilatee. The victim is injected with nanoprobes which create cybernectic implants which all borg have. These include: a cortical processor, a biochip, and assimilation tubules.

Knowing Who We Are Is Irrevelant.You Will Be Assimiliated.Ressentiance Is Futile. :borg:

Edited by Zengo

Knowing Who We Are Is Irrevelant.You Will Be Assimiliated.Ressentiance Is Futile. :borg:

262013[/snapback]

Looks like the Borg should assimilate a Spellcheck :waaaa:

J/K :wacko:

262013[/snapback]

Looks like the Borg should assimilate a Spellcheck :wacko:

J/K :P

262016[/snapback]

Does Borg voice-over:

"We do not need spell check. We are the zenith of perfection."

Oh come on, sea trooper.  Don't confuse them more than they are already.  :b-day:

258437[/snapback]

But it's truuuuuuue! :b-day:

where they come from never seen home world borg what are they..

258414[/snapback]

I'm not sure we're answering the question correctly.

:naughty:

if your asking what they "were" from the beginning.

Than the answer is, they are as organic as most other races.

:borgqueen:

Queen: "Human. We used to be exactly like them. Flawed, weak, organic. But we evolved to include the synthetic. Now we use both to attain perfection."

a simple race that progressed far imbedding both technology & biology together.

I read both stories. It was scary to think how simple how it all started. A medical proceedure that went wrong. :assimilated:

End Quote

I have never acually found out how the Borg started, mind giving me a link to the source of this info? Or the names of the books? I'll read anything witht he Borg in it.

Organs aren't replaced, certain limbs are sometimes removed though. The body of an assimilated person is added to by technology, upgraded in a way. Devices, nodes etc. are placed inside the body to aid in this.